Clackamas, Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rick1488

Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Clackamas, OR
Hello from Clackamas, Or......just a few miles outside of Portland (which can be good and bad actually, but far enough away to be in the sticks and avoid all of the weird stuff) Recently bought a Traeger Lil Tex 22 Elite after having used the same style Weber charcoal grill that I swore by for around 30 years. I resisted for as long as I could, but after seeing so many friends using pellet grills I decided to go ahead and make the jump. So far so good! I did keep my Weber just in case but so far I haven't pulled it back out, and after tasting some of the stuff I have made I don't think I will be! Anyhow, my name is Rick and I am a 42 year old Army veteran. If I am not working or spending time with my family, you'll find me fishing, hunting or cruising the Hwy somewhere on my Harley. I am looking forward to using this forum for recipes, techniques and tips so I am sure I will be on here quite a bit! Looking forward to meeting some of you on here!

Cheers!

Welcome to SMF from NorCal.

We have family not far from you in Oregon City.

Sounds like you are enjoying that new smoker and I am glad you kept the Weber. Cant have too many BBQ's.

Welcome.

Brian

Howdy from Central Oregon Rick!

Lots of great info here. The search feature works great, but don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't find what you're looking for.

Most importantly share your cooks and have fun!

Hello Rick, welcome to you.

First, let me say, THANK YOU for your service

to this great nation. 

Congratulations on the new smoker, may it bring

you many years of happy and very tasty smokes.

Pictures of your smokes are good things.

Have fun.

Ed

Thanks Ed, I really appreciate that alot...you have no idea! By the way, I went straight from the Army to driving a truck. Drove longhaul and some local for around 12 years. I eventually sold both of my trucks and gave management a try but have been in the industry since around 95. The past 5 or 6 years I have worked as a broker, been working out really well in fact. Let me know if you are ever need a load somewere!

Last edited:
Welcome Rick!

Glad to have another fellow Oregon Veteran! 12 years Navy here in Creswell-outside the weirdness of Eugene.

Smoke up! Looking forward to seeing posts of your Q!

Erik

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky