Chucky Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
The final posted from my Sunday Smoke Fest

4PM Saturday I rubbed with A1 + Whussy sauce. Then Dirty Dalmatian (Salt/CBP/Lemon Pepper) + GP & OP

Into the 225 MES 30 with AMNPS 40/40/20 Apple/Cherry/Pecan at 9:30 AM Sunday

2:30 PM it was well into the stall at around 160. I put it and the small piece of point from the corned brisket I was making pastrami from into foil pan with some broth and covered.

4PM it hit 190. I cubed it added our homemade sweet sauce, some honey and butter and put it back in the smoker uncovered.

Stirred ever 30 minutes. Pulled at 6PM

You know when you get one of the pieces that came from the corned beef point, especially after reheating the left overs, they are way tougher than the chucky pieces.

About the only thing I sauce is pulled pork and burnt ends, wife sauces almost everything. We have just about got our Southern Sweet sauce exactly where we want it for our purposes. It started life as Jeff's recipe:

1. We have remove all the CBP. She would rather have Cayenne than Black Pepper and Cayenne gives a bit of heat without effecting flavor much, the CBP "interferes" with the level of sweet we want.
  2. The heat comes from Cayenne and Franks instead of Tabasco
  3. The Sweet comes from more Brown Sugar than the original, we use light instead of dark and Honey
  4. The Southern comes from Bourbon. And gives me an excuse to keep bourbon in the house!!
When we are using for burnt ends or something where we really want a sticky sweet end product I add more honey.

The only person in South Florida, paying these local prices for Chuckies, that could call these things Poorman's Burnt Ends, has a "summer home" in DC!!

For some reason I didn't get a pick of the Chucky before cubing it, please forgive me I was managing a 18 hour smoke fest!!!

chucky.jpg

Was snacks while waiting on the Butt to finish. Was suppose to vacuum seal some of them up, but instead they were my super Monday night, and now I have to decide if I want another Rueben from the Pastrami or the remainder of the burnt ends for my lunch today. "The Struggle is Real!!!"

Thanks for all the views and comments on all the post from my smoke fest, got a feeling for the next 2 weeks I will be living vicariously through ya'll. Momma is done with smoke for a while, especially when you came into the Kitchen Monday AM, she says I got more rub on the floor than the meat, I say "NEVER trust a neat or skinny cook!"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky