Chuckies and Chuck plate ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
My brother in law needed to clear some room in his freezer as he has a 1/2 cow coming. He gave me several chuck blade roasts to smoke. I have about a half dozen cryo packs of beef plate ribs in the freezer so got one of those out too. Figured I’d do a pan of my keto cowboy beans as well to pass to friends and family for the 4th. Smoked in the Lang with a mix of cherry, apple and pear woods. Didn’t get a lot of prep pics. All the beef was rubbed with a mix of Dos Pendejos Smokin it, Kinder buttery steakhouse blend and last some Dirt rub. Chuck wrapped in a pan with broth at 170F and was probe tender at 208F then into the Cambro for an hour nap.
E4DB2CC4-3689-492D-A7AA-BF0BC6E60F61.jpeg
932BA952-7B85-405D-BCA2-D36AEEA3FCD9.jpeg
25522F47-017C-4D5C-BAFF-A2308ACA5675.jpeg
Here are the ribs , I spritzed every half hour or so with amix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup red hot. The dark bark is from the Dirt and the taste is phenomenal.
19BBC173-E349-430D-92A1-A1D0F4823F59.jpeg
6739D58A-9384-4C81-A2AA-82807DB17B9A.jpeg
5224A523-6D18-484E-9D19-5309C43107C3.jpeg
Last up was a full pan of my keto cowboy beans. These things are money. Recipe is in several of my threads. Happy to link if needed.
363F710C-AE32-49D8-B77B-8DC7B2A4BD9E.jpeg
F5015000-F9B2-4FA9-AC24-B5B0412D8E5B.jpeg
Figured while I was at it I’d throw in some bologna too.
85F2BE22-F0C4-4CC4-BCB4-66DE2E8248EE.jpeg
4A2A1A7A-C4F5-42FA-B900-3A991CFC4291.jpeg
That’s a wrap. Lots of goodies to share with family and friends. Thanks for looking.

Dang Jeff, just masterful. Love your wood choice and the meat looks fantastic. That bologna puts everything over the top. So well done, big like.

Reactions: jcam222
My brother in law needed to clear some room in his freezer as he has a 1/2 cow coming. He gave me several chuck blade roasts to smoke. I have about a half dozen cryo packs of beef plate ribs in the freezer so got one of those out too. Figured I’d do a pan of my keto cowboy beans as well to pass to friends and family for the 4th. Smoked in the Lang with a mix of cherry, apple and pear woods. Didn’t get a lot of prep pics. All the beef was rubbed with a mix of Dos Pendejos Smokin it, Kinder buttery steakhouse blend and last some Dirt rub. Chuck wrapped in a pan with broth at 170F and was probe tender at 208F then into the Cambro for an hour nap. View attachment 636158View attachment 636159View attachment 636160Here are the ribs , I spritzed every half hour or so with amix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup red hot. The dark bark is from the Dirt and the taste is phenomenal. View attachment 636161View attachment 636164View attachment 636165Last up was a full pan of my keto cowboy beans. These things are money. Recipe is in several of my threads. Happy to link if needed.View attachment 636166View attachment 636167Figured while I was at it I’d throw in some bologna too.View attachment 636168View attachment 636169That’s a wrap. Lots of goodies to share with family and friends. Thanks for looking.
Awesome stuff right there!
What kind of rub did you use on that bologna?

MjP
Awesome stuff right there!
What kind of rub did you use on that bologna?
I used Dos Pendejos Mooey Texas. I’d use something with a sweeter profile next time. I ordinarily would have used my own keto sweet heat rub but was feeling lazy

Nice Jeff,
Hope you have enough incase a couple people come over.
All kidding aside , fantastic job on the ribs and the Bologna is over the top good looking

David
Haha right? No real gathering going on as most folks have various things going on this year. I’ve already delivered about half of it to family and friends.

Everything looks great Jeff! I never had much interest in smoking bologna…but your picture may just put me over the top!

And those beef ribs…I could only dream.

Very nicely done!

Dang Jeff, just masterful. Love your wood choice and the meat looks fantastic. That bologna puts everything over the top. So well done, big like.

Jeff , that beef is textbook bud . Perfect .

Have mercy! I got the meat sweats just looking at the pics. Not to mention how my mouth is watering!
Jim

Beautiful looking cook!

Way to start the holiday weekend!
Thanks guys! It turned out pretty good for sure. Half of it already sampled out to folks, sitting here pondering what I might like to cook over the weekend lol.

Everything looks great Jeff! I never had much interest in smoking bologna…but your picture may just put me over the top!

And those beef ribs…I could only dream.

Very nicely done!
Thanks Joe! I have some ideas for bologna the next time too.

Man Jeff that whole cook looks awesome, you will have some very happy friends when you pass that food out. I need to do the cowboy version of the beans next.

That's a whole lot of good eats right there Jeff. The pulled beef has my eyes watering. Now I want a pulled beef sammy.

Point for sure
Chris

Holy smokes Jeff!! That all looks insanely good. Absolute perfection on all of it. Gorgeous smoke ring and amazing, tender, juicy looking meats. Well done my friend looks like you and that Lang have become good friends :emoji_wink: I see the possibility of a lucrative side gig when you retire.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky