Christmas came early!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by tlcase, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tlcase

tlcase Smoke Blower

My inlaws just picked up my son for an overnighter and brought my Christmas present early! Unfortunately I have to go backline tech the Ozark Mountain Daredevils show in Des Moines so I don't get to play with it today. Looks like seasoning it will have to wait till tomorrow. They also brought me some butterfly pork chops and two pork loin roasts to get started. In a word, AWESOME!

[​IMG]

2. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Uh Oh !

Another Addiction on the way!!!

Meanwhile you might want to get a remote therm, with a meat probe, so you can cook to temp, unless you already have one.

Might I suggest the Maverick ET-73, or it's newer brother ET-732 (longer distance & other goodies).

Congrats,

Bear

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Awesome Buddy!

Another member of the MES club!!!

Also welcome to SMF! 

4. raymo76

raymo76 Smoking Fanatic

Hey congrats man! Good smokin to ya.

5. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Sounds like the inlaws are keepers. Congrats on the gift.

6. jc1947

jc1947 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to the MES club.

Do you have a single sister-in-law????? LOL

JC1947

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  7. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]

8. tlcase

tlcase Smoke Blower

I picked up a cheap Wal-Mart wireless digital probe to get me started. Probably look at something better in the near future. I've got it seasoning now and plan to try some chops this evening. I'm going to rub them and give them a quick sear on the grill before throwing them in the MES with bacon on them and apple juice in the pan and apple chips in the tray.