Chorizo and andouille sausage with loads of Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mballi3011

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
icon_cool.gif

Well I needed some more sausages and I happen to have a couple of butts in the freezer. Now I started out with the question what to make. Maybe some spicey and I went with chorizo and them I craving some good cajun foods so Andouille  came to mind pretty quickly. I'm gonna be making some good Gumbo (from Bob's recipe "EMAN") so I need some good sausage. So here we go

b453da93_bb0.jpg

So now onto the grinding part

f5412944_bb.jpg

So we move onto the spicing and flavoring and then adding some heat. This is chorizo

f376c7c1_bbb.jpg

Now for the andouille with all the good cajun spices. This one turmed out awesome.

e4b0528e_bb9.jpg

Now for some stuffing and this is always one of the fun parts.

4c95a038_bb8.jpg

More stuffing

e7b06d1a_bb1.jpg

A close up ain't it beautiful 

a4ac018a_bb7.jpg

Now we can dry in the shower cause sometimes you do what you have to do.

c3e964cb_bb2.jpg

We can go to the smoker now.

26c535b6_bb3.jpg

After what seemed to be all nighter the sausage was done and I could get some sleep.

adac3dad_bb4.jpg

Another close-up of the Chorizo

efb7586d_bb5.jpg

Now I hope you enjoy this thread as much as I did making the sausage. This weekend we will really enjoy some good sasuage and something Gumbo. So go get all your stuff to make yourself some sausage and believe me you will never regret making some yourself. It's a great hobby.

Mark

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Ok try this one see if it works.

Got it now Mark!

Awesome looking sausage.

I love andouille & yours looks delicious!

I'm glad you got the picture thingy figured out!

Beautiful job Mark! Wifey would beat my ass if I used any of our shower rods to hang meat. lol

Dan has inspired me and the last few rounds of sausage I have made have been cold smoked followed by poaching. Poaching really cuts down on those all nighters.

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

I used a broom stick and not the shower rod. It's just in the shower in case they drip easy clean-up.

Last edited:
Looks good Mark!!!

What recipes did you use??

Craig

icon_cool.gif

Joel gave me the recipes and I'll be more then happy to share Craig. PM me if you want them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky