Chopped Ham Loaf .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Indeed! The potato starch did seem to work well an with no gelatinous effect. Looks great man.
Thanks bud . It works good , and stays together if you fry a piece .
Many moons ago when touring the brewery at Busch Gardens Williamsburg I saw them cleaning the vats and all of beechwood strips on the floor. I thought, hmm, I wonder if that would be good for smoking meat. Say! You live in right by the biggest Busch plant. Hmm.
Yup . I worked on a 10 story addition down there back in '94 . 26 foot decks . Hung over the side of that thing 300 feet in the air in January . I ain't ever goin back . Lol .

• Wow
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Going to be a summer project.
How much ham cubes to the sausage binder do you think?

Goal is for it to look like your Krakow but taste like a spicy easter ham.
The Krakow was 50 / 50 .
20191212_095524.jpg
20191213_080301.jpg
The chopped ham was about the same . I know the grind was 1 pound . The chunks were close to that . 50 / 50 is a good target . Cure separate .

Reactions: zwiller
, that looks terrific.
Thanks ! Appreciate that .
Looks good, I like the custom mold:)
Thanks Bud . Lol , It works pretty good .
Rich you are on fire lately!! That looks outstanding.
Thanks Jeff . Love retirement .
Love the loaf, looks like a perfect blend and bind
Thanks David . I have the texture and the bind figured out .
Going to Florida next month, will have to pick up a couple of those custom molds, lol
Stop by Missouri , I'll hook you up . Bring your tools .

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Stop by Missouri , I'll hook you up . Bring your tools .

Ha ha , would love that, ... so a working vacation :emoji_sunglasses:

When I drove to Florida about 5 years ago , border folks asked where we were going and what I did for a living. Than asked if they could search the van
( Roadtrec camper ) to make sure I had no tools and was not going down to work in the States. Like thats what I want to do with only 3 weeks off.

But the joke was on me, SIL had a list of things to fix , for us staying at her place. Ha Ha love family

David

Reactions: chopsaw
Depending on what part of Florida you're going to , you'll see a bunch of Missouri plates .
Good looking stuff right there..
Thanks bud . I saw you're olive loaf and was heading in that direction until I had to use up the ham chunks . Olive loaf or honey loaf up next .

Reactions: boykjo
what part of Florida you're going to , you'll see a bunch of Missouri plates .

Jumping off the ship in Miami and just renting a car and driving around for a week, going to make Kissimmee and St Cloud home base
and just go from there. No parks been there done that. But we love Old Town. So staying next to that also

David

That is simply incredible Rich. So creative yet seemingly so simple and it had to be absolutely outstanding. I'd be all over a few pounds of that...probably no sandwich or anything. Just eat and enjoy. Thanks for sharing sir!!

Robert

Your custom mold, my flower pot!
Love that ! I was using them for painting and making landscaping blocks .
That plant looks way better than mine . I think I keep the house to cold .
Looks delicious, Rich!
Thanks . The profiles are endless really . Could be anything from a commercial mix , to something you like the flavors of .

Reactions: DougE
I'm about 10 miles west of Old Town.
Osceola County Fair is Feb 10-19th. I'll be there on the 11th for the tractor pull.

Hi john, we are getting into Kissimmee late on the 18th, and the Silver Spurs rodeo is all over on the 19th , I miss it again
This is twice that I missed it , well it is still on for the 19th , but only 3 hours and I cannot find out on their web site what is going on on the last day. But probably just the closing down shows. Really liked to have seen the bull riding , but that is earlier in the week, did not know about the tracktor pull either. Try to go to most of them around here in the summer.

David

Reactions: Fueling Around
There's a few misery uh Missouri plates around here in central FL. Nowhere near what we saw up in the gulf coast to panhandle areas. Too cold up there so moved further south.
Sorry for the detour chopsaw chopsaw
Hi john, we are getting into Kissimmee late on the 18th, and the Silver Spurs rodeo is all over on the 19th , I miss it again
This is twice that I missed it , well it is still on for the 19th , but only 3 hours and I cannot find out on their web site what is going on on the last day. But probably just the closing down shows. Really liked to have seen the bull riding , but that is earlier in the week, did not know about the tracktor pull either. Try to go to most of them around here in the summer.

David
Next tractor pull is a 4-day run Feb 22nd to 25th in Fort Meade.
Friend of mine from up north hauls his tractor down and competes in the hot turbo class.
About 30 minutes away from SmokinAl SmokinAl

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky