1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chopped Ham Kielbasa

Discussion in 'Nose to Tail' started by ahakohda, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

1. DE494675-D358-41EC-B5EE-73A5FBE25B34.jpeg I decided to post it here since it’s not smoked or bbq’d.

Original name for it is Ветчинорубленная колбаса. For those who likes to Google.

4 pounds of pork neck cut into 1 inch cubes. Cured 48 hours with cure#1 and salt according to cure calculator.

After 48 hrs Added 2 Tbs of nutmeg and 1 tsp of black pepper. Split meat into two even parts and add 5 coriander seeds into each part.

Shaped it into somewhat round kielbasa using plastic wrap and sealed it in vacuum bags. Cooked overnight in sous-vide bath at 158F.

Super easy and super tasty. Can be used straight for sandwiches or fried with eggs.

chopsaw and crazymoon like this.
  2. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

AHKD, Your roll looks delicious, I'd like a slice of that! like

3. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks pretty good . I been reading up on ham sausage types . Gonna try this myself . Thanks for posting .