Chili with Sirloin and Smoked Brisket (No Beans)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MattyGP

Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Last year I made a fantastic chili with top sirloin and leftover smoked brisket. It was a (only very slightly) bastardized version of a recipe I had stumbled across on the interwebs; my modifications were essentially the addition of diced fire roasted tomatoes and some tomato paste, plus some cubed butternut squash. Sadly, I've misplaced that recipe and haven't been able to rediscover it in any of my web searches.

Would anyone happen to have a similar recipe they'd be willing to share?

From what I recall, it involved searing the cubed sirloin, then removing the meat from the pot and sautéing the chopped onion in the grease. Deglaze the pot with beer. Add water, chiles (ancho, guajillo, and chipotle). Then the sirloin, the cubed brisket, and spice mixture (leftover brisket rub). It also called for adding a couple tablespoons of masa to thicken it -- which turned out to be an excellent way to suspend the chunks of meat in the sauce rather than having it all sink to the bottom of the 12 qt pot. I ended up using a 16 lb brisket and 7 lbs of sirloin (post-trimming), which I think was 3x the original recipe.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

I've done a lot of searching for chili recipes and don't recognize it. But that sounds like an enormous pot of chili, I'd love to own a pot that big. Good luck on your search, love the no beans comment! #%&@ dem beans, get outta my chili

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky