Chili My Way ......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Today making some chili on the chargriller in the cast iron, but, no set amount of ingredients
Here is the ingredients though ....
1 large peeled carrot -- ( to remove acidity from tomatoes ) will throw away when done
pack of ground pork -- 80/20
pack sweet Italian sausage
1 pack thick bacon -- for top when done
2 grilled chicken breasts
beans ---- chili beans, pinto beans, baby limas --- not sure on quantities though
green bell pepper
vidalia onion
couple jalapenos
can of white corn
canned tomatoes
spg
chili powder
sour cream for top when done
cheese for the top
IMG_0812.JPG
Dont think I forgot anything ... I usually put in different quantities as I get started...
gonna get this started by browning up ground pork and drain,add chili powder then add chopped onion and chopped peppers and jalapenos, get that all going first ...
IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG
sausage done, now add and cook a while without any sauce yet
IMG_0816.JPG
let this go for a little bit .. then i will add some tomatoes
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0819.JPG

starting to look like chili ....

added 2 cans chili beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can baby limas,1 can corn, and a can of crushed tomatoes ( 28 oz )
now gonna let it all cook another hr or so so all flavor releases
here is a look
IMG_0820.JPG
we always add corn ... natural sweetener ...

will grill up 2 nice skinless chicken breasts in an hour or so .. and fry up some bacon for the top .. probably let chili cook another 2 hrs ...
note .. added no tomato sauce this time .. usually add a small can or so .. between the tomatoes, and the crushed tomatoes .. not needed

here comes the chicken .. seasoned with smokehouse maple ( McCormick's )
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
starting up the bacon

Last edited:
Griz, that's whole heap of vittle goodness right there. I'm in...

Chris

here we go ... all done now ... in bowls ... sour cream in the middle .. ( take a little with every bite ) .. lol .. 2 strips of bacon on every bowl ... and wife made a few ( jiffy ) corn muffins ... I eat on side, wife puts her's on bottom of bowl ...
All good I guess ..
IMG_0825.JPG

Dinner is served now with the cornbread muffin ...
IMG_0824.JPG

I like the hot sauce ...
tell me what you think ....

IMG_0824.JPG

Last edited:
Glad I stayed in. Point for a fabulous looking chili.

Chris

thank you .. was a real nice afternoon cook ... actually was 55 degrees 2 days this week here in Fla. and will be chili a few days this week they say ... and will be a good lunch this week ... thanks for the point as well Chris

thanks disco .......... was a good batch ...made a good 6 qts or so .. lunch at work a few days

That looks like some pretty damn good chili you made there. Looks pretty well like a stick to your ribs type of meal then go sit in the recliner and take a nap to work it off. Points to you.

Thanks Lovethemeats, stayed busy grilling for about 3 hrs.. thanks for the point as well

Thanks Al, We had a few mornings this week at 54 degrees along with a north wind and clouds with some rain ... Worked in that crap last week and said .... chilly calls for some chili .....

Thanks Johnny, also thanks for the point ... In a little while before the game .. lunch will be a bowl of chili and yep, some chili dogs .. one of my favorites ....

My pot is hickory stained.. lol.. The chili really took on smoke . Having the meat in there in a thin layer by itself helped. Got to remember my sour cream today. watching football today mostly . Lions on later tonight.

well, here is a look at lunch today ... split and pan fried hot dogs, covered with onions, cheese and chili and honey mustard on Cuban bread with chili and bread and butter pickles on the side ....
IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Thanks John ... seems chili and soups and beans are always good the next day .. thanks for the points as well..when you slice up sausage in chili, it absorbs the juices and soaks in all the chili flavor

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky