CHICKEN WING SANDWICH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Smoked a few wings yesterday for dinner .As I was pulling and choping some meat off the bone for my youngest son I thought to myself..man this would make a heck of a chicken sandwich!

So here is how it went down!

Smoked wings, salt pepper and cherry wood. 300° until IT of 175°-180°
0820202018.jpg

Pulled some off the bone.
0820202157.jpg

Pile on to a toasted bun
0820202159a.jpg

Add buffalo sauce. ( Frank's,butter,garlic,vinegar,wochestishire)
0820202200a.jpg

Pile on some blue cheese.
0820202201.jpg

And then a little chopped celery and some blue cheese dressing.
0820202207.jpg

And ready to eat! Had some aspearigus on the side.
0820202209a.jpg

Now that's a real buffalo chicken sandwich!

Thanks for taking a look!

Love the blue cheese on there with buffalo sauce! big like!
Thanks sandy! Whenever I make buffalo wings we always dip in blue cheese. I can never find a blue cheese dressing chunky enough so I add a bunch of crumbles . good stuff for sure!

Great idea!
I bet that would be real good!
We usually have wings left over & that would make a great lunch the next day!
Nicely done!
Al

That is a good idea. I bet it beats the boneless deep fried buffalo chicken sandwiches that restaurants tend to serve.
Thanks! And thats what i was going for. Way way better than a restaurant "buffalo chicken sandwich"!

Great idea!
I bet that would be real good!
We usually have wings left over & that would make a great lunch the next day!
Nicely done!
Al
Thanks Al! I was thinking the same when I made it. Perfect for lefovers!

That looks awesome Travis! Nice job! Gonna have to get ya some of those wrappers to put around your sandwiches trying to hold all the goodies in while you eat!

Ryan

Very nice Travis! A chicken wing hoagie was one of my primary sources of food in college. Even ordered at 2am, the other half made a nice breakfast if I was able to find it.

Takes me back...very nicely done!

That looks awesome Travis! Nice job! Gonna have to get ya some of those wrappers to put around your sandwiches trying to hold all the goodies in while you eat!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Yea the wrapper would have been nice on this one!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky