Chicken Fried Steak and Sausage Gravy.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use it all the time waiting to see a post of home made Biscuits!!
Bisquick also makes good Banana Bread
Richie

Mostly, and since I was about 6, I've (we've) used it for pancakes. I'd get up, go out in the kitchen and make pancakes for the family for fun, on a Saturday.
So I grew up using Bisquick. It's as much a staple as Milk, Eggs, and Butter.

Holy cow Chris!
That meal looks absolutely fantastic!
Great work!
Al

Thanks Al for compliment. I appreciate it.

I LOVE chicken fried steak and sausage gravy!!! And Chris yours look great. I'v never tried to make chicken fried steak but I will be making it now
Thanks for the step-by-step.
POINT
Gary

Go for it Gary. It's super easy. One tip when dredging the steak use one hand for the wet part and the other for the dry.
Thanks for the kindly words and like.

Chris.

On mothers day I bought the wife a couple of 1.5 twin lobsters. I didn't dare offer to cook these on the grill(for fear of my life) so into a pot of seasoned boiling water they went and she was a happy camper. Since she had the lobsters I had a free cook day to do something that I like.

I think it was last month that I made battered chicken on the Kettle. Well this month I wanted to try and improve upon a dish that I have enjoyed for many-a-year. It's not a dish I would eat everyday or month, but I think my arteries can handle it two or three times a year. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did/do.

Started off browning off a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage.

Question(s)...did you put anything on grill to keep the batter from sticking and lifting off the steaks?
Did you use you grill lid during the cooking process?
Man that looks good enough to eat :).

Kit, Nothing on the grate. I did lose some of the coating, but it was minimal. The lid has to be used. The Vortex's heat follows the shape of the kettles lid. Creating an extremely hot indirect cooker. Once the lid is removed your pretty much getting only the residual heat from the meat. You can try to spray the grates down with Pam or something similar if you want. Not sure if it would help any.

Chris

Reactions: kit s
Thanks Jeff, It was really good in fact I did it again last week. Give it a go and let us know how it turns out.

Chris

@Ishi Thanks for the like appreciated it.

Chris

Absolutely brilliant. Man, I could almost taste this. Definitely a big like!

Why thank you Disco, much appreciated. Thanks for the like also.

@browneyesvictim thank you very much for the like.

Chris

I know this is an old post , but was directed here by my conversation with Chris. Glad he sent the link.

Chris this is fantastic. I could just eat the gravy as is , but than to have the Chicken Fried Steaks.

This will happen for sure.

Thank You

David
Appreciate it David - Enjoy

normanaj normanaj thanks for the like

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I know this is an old post , but was directed here by my conversation with Chris. Glad he sent the link.

Chris this is fantastic. I could just eat the gravy as is , but than to have the Chicken Fried Steaks.

This will happen for sure.

Thank You

David
And I'm very pleased that you dug this up. Sausage and gravy on CFS? Dang! I'm in!

That is impressive! It looks awesome. You have thinking now…..
Thanks ddow, that's what this forum is all about. Helping others out. If you give it a shot post it up so we all can enjoy.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky