Cheeseburger soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Well with all the cold weather Sunday seemed like a great soup day...then I saw a dip recipe for cheeseburger dip and suddenly had a craving for cheeseburger soup!

20221216_120349.jpg

Happened to buy a new pot to us on an auction this year but hadn't really used it much till lately, really like it!

20221210_145940.jpg

Burger browned with some onion

20221217_153534.jpg

Drain the burger and set aside, then add butter, onion, carrots, parsley, basil...left the celery out...my wife doesn't care for cooked celery

20221217_155135.jpg

Add chicken broth, taters, and burger back into pot...bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until taters are tender.

20221217_161414.jpg

In another pan melt butter and add flour to make a roux, then add to soup

20221217_163020.jpg

Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk, salt and pepper to taste until cheese melts

20221217_170243.jpg

We did add some bacon bits, no pics of course...but next time I'm thinking a lb would be a good start! Also some onion, garlic powder and some sazon goya seasoning. Removed from heat and added 1/2 cup sour cream.

20221217_172659.jpg

Only thing missing was some homemade buns but it was still dang good! And I wanted more cheese!

20221218_133645.jpg

Definitely hit the spot! My wife actually added ketchup and mayo to her bowl...boy did I give her a look! Still doesn't sound good but on bowl #2 I did as well...she wasn't wrong...it was good!

Take care and Merry Christmas all!

On a side note...ya think our puppy likes popcorn? She sits and waits for it to get done popping lol!

20221119_192222.jpg

Winter isn't all bad...couple of neat pics I thought...

20221209_105129.jpg

20221209_105135.jpg

Ryan

Attachments

• 20221218_133645.jpg
    20221218_133645.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 6
That soup looks awesome! I'd take a big bowl of that any day. You can keep the snow!

Dave
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it! It really filled the craving. Good thing we doubled the batch! With them calling for 5 to 7 inches this week also, - 40 windchills, and wind. I could send some snow down to you lol!

Ryan

Your puppy and 2 of our cats were identical! All they needed to hear either was the cupboard door to open and the drag of the air popper or the other one was just the sound of the pour of the frozen corn! Meow!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Mighty fine looking soup.

Where did you get that Dutch pot?

1 ) Soup sounds and looks fantastic
2 ) Snow looks pretty but hate it at the same time
3 ) Love the added cheese on the soup
4 ) Cute that the pup waits for the popcorn
5 ) Mona Hates it when I bring my Dewalt power tools into the kitchen

6 ) Merry Christmas to you and yours Ryan

Sorry meant to say #7 love the pot Should have been #1. lol , but that is me .
And like you mentioned off looking for the popover tins sometime today when I sneek away from work

David

great looking soup, looks so delicious and a great meal!!
really like that pot you picked up! and great pictures, very nice looking dog! merry christmas to you also!

The dog waiting for the popcorn cracks me up. When we still had out mini dachshund Simon he would do the same thing.

That soup sounds like it warm the soul Ryan ! Just a slice of Sunbeam bead to
sop up some of that delicious juice!!
I would love to experience that kind of snow.....for 1 day 🤣 only!

Keith

Great looking soup! Gonna book mark this for sure.
Like others have said....The snow looks great for a day or two. But this southern boy would freeze to death.
Jim

Mighty fine looking soup.

Where did you get that Dutch pot?
Thanks Rick, I appreciate it!

Bought the pot on an auction this year...says Club aluminum on the bottom, came in a box with this one and some other roaster pans.

20221220_094138.jpg

Was sitting in box in the garage until recently...used it for making scalloped potatoes and ham.

20221210_145931.jpg

Told the wife this is gonna be our new soup pot.

Ryan

Soup looks wonderful! Nice pictures.
Thanks Brian! Figured I was overdue on posting anything.

1 ) Soup sounds and looks fantastic
2 ) Snow looks pretty but hate it at the same time
3 ) Love the added cheese on the soup
4 ) Cute that the pup waits for the popcorn
5 ) Mona Hates it when I bring my Dewalt power tools into the kitchen

6 ) Merry Christmas to you and yours Ryan

Sorry meant to say #7 love the pot Should have been #1. lol , but that is me .
And like you mentioned off looking for the popover tins sometime today when I sneek away from work

David
Thank you David!
Really love that pot. Our 3 year old Dobie turns her nose up at popcorn when it pops and lands on the floor...no butter, no salt lol!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
great looking soup, looks so delicious and a great meal!!
really like that pot you picked up! and great pictures, very nice looking dog! merry christmas to you also!
Thanks Tbern! As you well know soup is in order lately...especially with the weather. As it was brought up in your soup thread...and because I mentioned it to my wife...wonder how changing from chicken to beef stock would change the flavor of this? I think leaving your soup the same is better but this one...might have to try it.

The dog waiting for the popcorn cracks me up. When we still had out mini dachshund Simon he would do the same thing.
Thanks Norman, I appreciate it! We sure do love her...only about 7 months. She's a nut and makes me laugh! Even when she comes back into the house looking like this...
20221129_075840.jpg

That was 40 minutes of arts and crafts time removing that.

Ryan

That soup sounds like it warm the soul Ryan ! Just a slice of Sunbeam bead to
sop up some of that delicious juice!!
I would love to experience that kind of snow.....for 1 day 🤣 only!

Keith
Thank you Keith! My day's up...who wants it? :emoji_laughing: . Took me longer to move snow after our first one than all of last winter!

Nice work Ryan . I might be inclined to put a couple dill pickle chips in my bowl .
Thanks Rich! Still have some left in the freezer...might give that a try as well!

Great looking soup! Gonna book mark this for sure.
Like others have said....The snow looks great for a day or two. But this southern boy would freeze to death.
Jim
Thank you Jim! Ya kind of get used to it...not that it's enjoyable lol!

Another comfort food classic
Thank you! Probably gonna see alot more with the weather! You're probably sitting on a beach drinking margaritas!

Another comfort food classic
Thanks Colin! It's appreciated!

Ryan

Simply Fantastic!!
Thanks Colin! Got it right this time!

Thank looks great Ryan! We had a St. Bernard that did the same thing. He has absolutely bonkers over it!
They sure do like it! Kinda like vultures when there's 3 of them!
And thank you Steve, I appreciate it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky