Cheese So What is Your Favorite Kind?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No favorite for me. Just depends on the use.
Also depends on the cheese quality. Not all cheeses are created equal.
I like a sharp, pungent stinky cheese paired with a bold fatty meat say a ripe stilton with a ribeye.
Rich cream chevre or brie on a thick slice of pugliese. Even the nasty limburger tastes really good if you can power through the smell.
Cheddar and jack on my breakfast burrito, or nachos.
Bulgarian feta on tacos, a fresh salad or mixed with mint and fruit.

Reactions: zwiller
Cabot hot habanero is the best. Its even better smoked!

I just did one of these yesterday
cheese.jpg

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Without a doubt our's is Muenster!
That is the only cheese I smoke anymore!
Al
That reminds me to start trying the stuff at the deli. Kroger brand muenster is awful. Sometimes you gotta pay to get quality. Problem is the deli is always crazy busy...

Smoked Jarlsberg Swiss Cheese
I haven't tried this yet but I just picked up a 2 lb hunk at Costco yesterday. I meant to grab a wedge of the Danish Gouda too but I must have seen something shiny and got distracted as it wasn't in my cart at checkout. I'll go back before I smoke the Swiss and snag some.
I think Gouda is probably my favorite followed by pepper jack and plain old cheddar.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Depends on my mood & what I'm eating it with:
On it's own or on Pizza-----Mozzarella.
On a Cheesesteak----Provolone.
With cold Beef ----Swiss.
With most other things----American.

Bear

Hot habanero, Seriously sharp cheddar, and New York vintage - all Cabot brands. You have to be careful with the NY vintage as its kinda crumbly to begin with.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky