Cheese So What is Your Favorite Kind?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 11, 2015
Maryland Eastern Shore
Not sure this is in the right place so moderators please move it.

I have never seen this one asked if it was I missed it.

Mine is the sharper the better then next would be a sharp swiss then a hot pepper jack so what is yours.

Warren

Reactions: Reddog69
Sharp cheddars are my favorite. I’m also a big fan of Parmesan reggiano, I just love the crunch and flavor granules.

I've tried a few goat cheeses... Some were awesome... can't remember the names...
It's amazing how the cheese has awesome flavor and the milk SUCKS !!!

Do you find this to be dry and crumbly? I like the heat and flavor but the blocks I got did not cut well.

Smoked Gouda is also on the top

I've never had a problem with it being dry and crumbly. How long are you smoking the blocks for?

Smoked gouda is killer!

Favorite cheese?! Kinda like beer and tough to pick a favorite and always trying new stuff. Keep in mind, it is really hard to generalize cheese because the large differences in them. Swiss is a great example. There's TONS of variations, like bratwurst in Germany. Variations even from different generic store cheese chains. I find that extremely interesting. That said, I am no snob and will happily chomp down on string cheese. Jack is my favorite smoked but am aging some cheddar and have some a few years old now. Anyone into aged cheddars needs to try stilton.

Man I like a pretty large variety of cheeses. I suppose if I was pressed to pick #1 it would be a nice multi year aged white cheddar. One old enough it gets those crystalline bits in it. For everyday store variety I quite like Canadian Black Diamond Cheddar.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky