Casing prep

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do full hanks generally come in a slurry instead of dry salt pack?
The home pack I got from TSM was vac sealed in dry salt. The hank I got from them was vac packed in a salt slurry. The ones in the hank are much nicer casings to work with even though they were treated the same for storage, ala the boykjo boykjo method.

Hi all! I'm planning to make some sausage this weekend and wanted some advice for prepping natural hog casings. My last batch the sausage was good but the casings were bit tough.
Make sure you are using a good quality casing. Check out Syracuse casing. This is the best I have found and there home packs are not the "waste" the most places sell. https://www.makincasing.com/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky