Careful What You Ask For!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monty

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 17, 2005
Newark, Vermont
A United States Marine was attending some classes between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a staunch member of the ACLU.

One day this professor shocked the entire class. Upon entering the room he looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I will give you exactly fifteen minutes to do this."

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am, God! I'm still waiting!"

Just as the time entered into the last minute, the Marine got up and walked over to the professor and cold cocked him but good, knocking him off the platform and out cold!

The Marine walked calmly back to his seat as his totally shocked classmates stared in disbelief.

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, and a bit out of it. He looked at the Marine and asked, "What is the matter with you? Why did you do that?".

The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid things. So, he sent me!"

I love that one
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Does anyone else think maybe we need more Marines doing God's work?
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky