Canadian False Spring Rib cookout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

David Leopold

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2018
Well it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. Winters are long and rotten here. Us Canadians and especially here in Nova Scotia with our maritime weather, have a running joke that there are NOT 4 seasons, but in fact there are 11! I have added a photo of the list of them and an arrow indicating where we are currently. Last week we had many days and nights pushing down to -20C or colder and now suddenly the last three days have been up to +7! And sure enough we have a snow and ice pellet storm heading in tomorrow evening.

So with this surge of warm balmy temps I noticed my poor smoker stuffed in the back of the garage and decided it needed to be brought out.

A couple racks of baby back ribs and a pot of beans seemed like the right thing to do!
883346C6-5A17-4186-873C-9A4E6A738DA3.jpeg
3A7A0646-7B7C-4E30-9542-619B6AB31173.jpeg

Negolien,

For asparagus I do the following: cut the ends off back into good green stalk. Toss them in olive oil. Salt and pepper on them. Heat a frying pan with some oil. Once hot toss them in it and toss/roll them around . It only takes a few minutes. You will see the color change, they will turn a bright lively green. Do not cook too long or they turn mushy. Once they seem done add a little butter and garlic for a final toss. Plate them up and put some parmesan on.

In the summer I will do the same prep but then cook them on the grill outside. Same deal, roll them around until they turn bright green and they're done. I would guess it takes something like 5-7 minutes. If they're going past 10 minutes they're probably getting overdone.

I recently learned how to make cornbread in my cast iron skillet, and that just sets the bbq meal to another level!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky