Canadian bacon dry cure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DEERMAKER

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2024
NORTHEASTERN PA
A big thanks to "Third eye " for the recipe and tips as always! Found some loin sections in freezer to use up and had some fun with my girl's favorite breakfast meat !

Attachments

• IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 21
It's always so fun and satisfying to make something that you've never made before that turns out awesome! THEN, when you make friends and family happy, that's just icing on the cake!

Nice work!

Whoa waitaminute… that’s her favorite breakfast meat??? You’re doing something wrong. I’ve been feeding mine something totally different. Well done at 98.6F

A big thanks to "Third eye " for the recipe and tips as always! Found some loin sections in freezer to use up and had some fun with my girl's favorite breakfast meat !
Looks great, the rib end (forward end) of the loin is a little higher in fat and has that distinctive muscle that turns darker after curing. It's my favorite section of the loin.

Looks good, love making Back Bacon, or for south of the boarder Canadian Bacon :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:

David
Years ago when Hi Mountain Seasonings Buckboard cure was taking off on BBQ forums, a guy in Canada emailed me to see if I would ship some to him. It's made in Wyoming and readily available. On the postal customs paperwork, you have to list the contents and detailed description. So I wrote "Curing salt for making bacon". The clerk started giggling and remarked "You're sending cure to Canada so a Canadian can make Canadian bacon??" When I told Canadian bacon was the American name.... he really cracked up.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
ears ago when Hi Mountain Seasonings Buckboard cure was taking off on BBQ forums, a guy in Canada emailed me to see if I would ship some to him. It's made in Wyoming and readily available. On the postal customs paperwork, you have to list the contents and detailed description. So I wrote "Curing salt for making bacon". The clerk started giggling and remarked "You're sending cure to Canada so a Canadian can make Canadian bacon??" When I told Canadian bacon was the American name.... he really cracked up.

Now that is funny, thank you

David

Whoa there John. How did that work out for you?
Game changer, Eric.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky