CAN YOU USE LONDON BROIL TO MAKE SS OR SNACK STICKS!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tennsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Clarksville, Tn
I have been using "chuck roast" but WOW the price per lb has gone out of sight, almost too expensive to even make SS OR SNACK STICKS!!

Please help me here, what are the cheaper cuts that some of you have used, excluding venison?

Just a sausage maker on a fixed income,
th_crybaby2.gif

Thanks,

Al

Al, Afternoon.....  Safeway has Chuck Roasts on sale for $2.49/#  this week...  You only have to drive 2000 miles or so....   

I would think any cut would work... especially if you mixed 3 or more cuts in the mix....  Buy it on sale and freeze... different cuts on sale different weeks.....  throw it all together, grind ad stuff....  Might have to add some fat....   Dave

Thanks,

that's the answers I was looking for, I have noticed that London Broil is on sale more often than chuck, so I'll be looking to buy that.

Yea Alesia, I usually try to keep it at about 80/20 ratio 20% being pork trim. So far I have made 3 batches and everybody liked the taste.

Let's see I get 20 MPG on the hwy, so the drive to Wa would cost...............and would only take about  ............days.............WOW......that's $$$$........per lb....thanks dave

Thanks again,

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky