Can you smoke in the rain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trebor

Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
I've just got a new smoker and am getting frustrated by all this rain!  My question is, can I use the smoker in the rain or will this be a bad idea?

I've got the smoker on my balcony and don't have anyway of sheltering it at all so it will get wet!

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul.  Well there is the obvious problem of rust.  The really tough issue is that the rain will cool down the smoker.  Also, is it an electric smoker?  Water and electricity are a bad mix.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

What type of smoker do you have? I smoke in all weathers however as Danny points out you do need to take the heating/cooling effects of the weather into account. If you cover or insulate your smoker then this is not so much of a problem. Rain and strong wind together can be a bit of a nightmare scenario though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky