• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Camp Maid Chimney & Chicken

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
A while back I picked up the Camp Maid folding charcoal chimney to keep in my camp gear. The standard chimney is fine, but I don't have a good place to store it in the trailer. This chimney can be stored in a 12" D.O. which I just happen to have in the trailer all the time. As advertised it says that it can hold up to 45 briquettes. I was able to load it up with 50. Three wadded up paper towels one match and in about 8 minutes I had glowing red briquettes. No sense wasting hot briquettes so I dumped them in 14" WSM and threw on a spatched chicken. I ate the drums and wings. Tonight I'll use the rest of the bird for chicken tortilla soup or chicken enchiladas.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice find Looks easy to use and as said easy storage. One never has enough room in a camper.

Warren

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Case,
Pretty cool chimney.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Thats awesome. I need a new chimney.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Damn good looking chicken Case!

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks great for sure. Love the chimney, may get one for home just for the space savings! Lol I have quite a bit of garage space taken up with cooking toys and tools.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.