Cajun Red Beans And Rice.....The Real Deal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Smashing the beans is how they do it in creole cooking....very common in New Orleans. Blue Runner Red Beans sells a 'Creole Cream Style New Orleans Spicy' that is just like the plate posted by Jake in this thread....

https://bluerunnerfoods.com/product/creole-cream-style-new-orleans-spicy-red-beans/

For canned beans, this is the Louisiana standard...and is made in my home town.
Jake done good! Was gonna be a smarta-- but never mind lol. I won't tell you it's not creole! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

You done and did it, Jake! I now have some Camellia red beans ordered (not available around here). I will be ready to whip up some of this ... cheaper order 4# vs. 1# ... LOL.

You done and did it, Jake! I now have some Camellia red beans ordered (not available around here). I will be ready to whip up some of this ... cheaper order 4# vs. 1# ... LOL.
Heck yeah. Let me know how you like them. Word of advice a pound of dry beans makes a big pot so save the other 3lb for another round!

Reactions: indaswamp
Heck yeah. Let me know how you like them. Word of advice a pound of dry beans makes a big pot so save the other 3lb for another round!
Oh, I was definitely going to. Only 2 of in the house and 1# will be more than enough for a couple days of eats.

Reactions: TNJAKE
My bad bud. Put it in 2 posts lol

You are totally good my friend, I need to read! I sometimes get in a hurry and need to slow down! Again, appreciate your willingness to post this awesome thread and we cannot wait to try it!

This thread makes me happy! Glad so many members are trying out New Orleans style Redbeans and Rice for the first time...

Keith, I could not agree more! You and Jake always hit it outta the park! Jake hit a GrandSlam with this thread!

We have a Cajun restaurant kinda near, but has went downhill! They used to be phenomenal…

Now, be making it at home! Thanks to you all! BTW, I cannot express my sincere love for Cajun food enough!

Red beans and rice aren't what you'd call real common in my part of the world. :emoji_confounded: Closest I've been to them is reading about them. So thanks for the post Jake. I'll give 'er a try now that I kinda know what I'm doing.
Gary
Thanks Gary. It's a delicious dish. Hope you'll give it a go

I followed your recipe the best I could - and I have now thrown away the half dozen different recipes I have for red beans and rice. This recipe HITS! Thank you so much! I am a fan of file', and added a touch to a bowl, and it added to the "flavor profile" as the Food Networks folks say. You ROCK!

I followed your recipe the best I could - and I have now thrown away the half dozen different recipes I have for red beans and rice. This recipe HITS! Thank you so much! I am a fan of file', and added a touch to a bowl, and it added to the "flavor profile" as the Food Networks folks say. You ROCK!
Appreciate it bud and glad you liked it!

All of the above! I've never added the butter but mines gets a healthy splash of Avery Island Tabasco rather than Louisiana Brand towards the beginning of the cook. Only red Tabasco - never any substitutions. I probably couldn't tell the difference in the end but that's what I was taught :emoji_laughing:

All of the above! I've never added the butter but mines gets a healthy splash of Avery Island Tabasco rather than Louisiana Brand towards the beginning of the cook. Only red Tabasco - never any substitutions. I probably couldn't tell the difference in the end but that's what I was taught :emoji_laughing:
The room temp butter brings alot to this dish. As far as hot sauce goes use what you like. I prefer the Tabasco added to the bowl when I eat

Lol sorry bud. jcam222 jcam222 could probably help you keto this up. I don't need to watch my carbs but I'd think all you'd need to do is sub the beans for some soy beans maybe?
Absolutely. I have this marked on my keto it up list to do sometime. Likely fall. Sub the black soy in for red beans, go with cauliflower rice.

Here's my take on it. Many thanks for sharing!!! Used Pops brined turkey and local Amish andouille. Easily the best cajun dish I ever did. Spaced cook over a few days and IP for most of the cooking. No bacon but made stock with the turkey carcass one day. Beans another. Made rice and put it all together last night. Call me nuts but the star of the dish is the rice. Normally like chinese food, the rice is just kinda in for the ride but this one, you want a good hit of rice with eat bite.

20230221_205446_resized.jpg

Here's my take on it. Many thanks for sharing!!! Used Pops brined turkey and local Amish andouille. Easily the best cajun dish I ever did. Spaced cook over a few days and IP for most of the cooking. No bacon but made stock with the turkey carcass one day. Beans another. Made rice and put it all together last night. Call me nuts but the star of the dish is the rice. Normally like chinese food, the rice is just kinda in for the ride but this one, you want a good hit of rice with eat bite.

View attachment 658473
Looks delicious. Glad you gave it a go

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky