(Cajun-Italian) Frog Inda Hole with pan fried Venison fresh sasuage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
IMG_20210812_174157444.jpg

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Big T-storm this afternoon so decided to stay home and eat what I had on hand.

Pan fry the venison fresh sausage and have that ready before you start the eggs.
Next, fry up all the center holes with a pat of butter inda pan. Then make a frog inda hole, season with cajun seasoning, add some shredded Parmesan cheese and a pinch of Italian seasoning when you flip.

Some people call them a Toad in a hole...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16635/toad-in-a-hole/

Last edited:
Man that looks good! So simple but tasty! Been a long time since we had those... think maybe my wife called them rabbit in a hole, but either way!

Ryan

Geez Keith, I was expecting to see some Cajun frogs legs. Looks great and I'd sure as heck belly up to the table, tho I like four eggs for breakfast. RAY

Have to try that next time!

Ryan
:emoji_thumbsup:
Geez Keith, I was expecting to see some Cajun frogs legs. Looks great and I'd sure as heck belly up to the table, tho I like four eggs for breakfast. RAY
:emoji_laughing: I've seen a chef take a loaf of french bread, slice it open into 2 halves, then make 4-5 holes in one side...put that on a blackstone cut side down and crack eggs inda holes....you want 4 eggs? Eat the whole thing! LOL! Great for camping trips!

Looks like a nice meal. Never had savory eggs in griddle toasted bread. Mom would make French Toast with eggs in the center. Would eat 3 with Pure Maple Syrup and a couple of Breakfast links...JJ

Reactions: crazymoon
Looks good inda! We called it toad in a hole growing up.

Ever do eggs in clouds or cloud eggs? Those are pretty cool too.

Looks real good, my dad would do something similar with 1/2" slice of bologna.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Toad in your Bologna? That sounds interesting....JJ

View attachment 507482
Breakfast for dinner tonight. Big T-storm this afternoon so decided to stay home and eat what I had on hand.

Pan fry the venison fresh sausage and have that ready before you start the eggs.
Next, fry up all the center holes with a pat of butter inda pan. Then make a frog inda hole, season with cajun seasoning, add some shredded Parmesan cheese and a pinch of Italian seasoning when you flip.

Some people call them a Toad in a hole...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16635/toad-in-a-hole/

Looks Great Inda!!!
However that picture looks like my old "Dial Phone" that I had back in the 60s & 70s., dial & all !!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky