Cabela's grinder/stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gomez93

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 4, 2013
Not long ago I bought a #8 1/2hp Cabela's grinder and it works great. This past weekend I tried it as a stuffer.
Now I know what you all say, but I had to try it. I was stuffing ground meat into 19mm collagen casings using the smaller tube and the speed auger. It does work. It took a while to get the hang of things but in the end I was stuffing at the rate of 5 minutes per pound of meat. Now I don't know how that compares to a dedicated stuffer, but I didn't think it was too bad.
Clean up was a different story. There was a LOT of meat still in the machine, I did do the bread trick but should have used about half a loaf instead of just one slice.

If you make sausage a few times and get addicted you will end up with a stuffer. Making sausage is an equipment intensive sport..........lol

Clean up was a different story. There was a LOT of meat still in the machine, I did do the bread trick but should have used about half a loaf instead of just one slice.
Use the end pieces of the bread. The bread in the middle is too soft and could get impacted and damage the grinder.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky