Brisket & Ribs today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Cooking a couple of briskets and a rack of ribs today ( Ribs are for my Two grandsons) Got smoker fired up at 5:00 AM then started getting the briskets ready. Last pictures are at 2 hours in.

Sorry !!!    Not far from Oklahoma, come on down and eat, probably be ready about 6 or 7

Gary

Started my fire with some Kingsford Blue Bag I had let over, got my coals going good and added about 3 pieces of hickory. I got this lump at our local grocery store. They did have a brand which I can't remember the name that was real good. I am thinking it may be the same stuff just packaged under a different label. We are fixing to find out. Hickory had burned down so I am adding the lump.

A picture of the bag

Gary

Looking good Gary.............
icon14.gif

Getting ribs ready, pulled off membrane cleaned them up a little, left some stuff I normally trim but the grandson's like the little edges, kind of like burnt ends on ribs. Rubbed down with a little yellow mustard and covered in my rub. (My rub is pretty much like everybody else's) I have a couple of different recipes, not sure which this on was. I use quite a bit goes on just about I cook on the Grill.

In about 45 min I'll pull my briskets wrap them in butcher paper and put back on the smoker, also put the ribs on probably do the 3-2-1   more pictures to come

I do em that way sometimes myself.  Doing the 3-2-1 method today kind of Johnny Trigg style. When I wrap I do about the thing he does and at the end I have a finishing sauce I use. Pretty much the same ingredients with a few added and kicked up a notch. That's the way my Grandson's like'em .

I have some sausage I'll probably throw on there too

driedstick, thank you  I really like Idaho it has  been a long time, back in the 80's I did quite a bit of work at the Monsanto Plant in Soda Springs

Gary

Review on the Brookshire's Brand Lump Charcoal I used,   Not bad burns good avg. amt. of ash too many small pieces and jus a few larger ones. I will send Brookshire's an email about their product and see how they respond.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky