Brisket & Ribs today

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gary s, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Cooking a couple of briskets and a rack of ribs today ( Ribs are for my Two grandsons) Got smoker fired up at 5:00 AM then started getting the briskets ready. Last pictures are at 2 hours in.

2. hey you cant double post!!..it only makes me twice as hungry! lmao!

3. Sorry !!!    Not far from Oklahoma, come on down and eat, probably be ready about 6 or 7

Gary

4. Started my fire with some Kingsford Blue Bag I had let over, got my coals going good and added about 3 pieces of hickory. I got this lump at our local grocery store. They did have a brand which I can't remember the name that was real good. I am thinking it may be the same stuff just packaged under a different label. We are fixing to find out. Hickory had burned down so I am adding the lump.

A picture of the bag

Gary

5. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Looking good Gary.............[​IMG]

6. 4 hours 15 min into cook

7. Getting ribs ready, pulled off membrane cleaned them up a little, left some stuff I normally trim but the grandson's like the little edges, kind of like burnt ends on ribs. Rubbed down with a little yellow mustard and covered in my rub. (My rub is pretty much like everybody else's) I have a couple of different recipes, not sure which this on was. I use quite a bit goes on just about I cook on the Grill.

8. In about 45 min I'll pull my briskets wrap them in butcher paper and put back on the smoker, also put the ribs on probably do the 3-2-1   more pictures to come

9. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks Tasty. Thinking about doing some spare ribs this weekend. Plan on running them straight on the through no foiling!

10. I do em that way sometimes myself.  Doing the 3-2-1 method today kind of Johnny Trigg style. When I wrap I do about the thing he does and at the end I have a finishing sauce I use. Pretty much the same ingredients with a few added and kicked up a notch. That's the way my Grandson's like'em .

11. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks great, very nice

12. I have some sausage I'll probably throw on there too

13. driedstick, thank you  I really like Idaho it has  been a long time, back in the 80's I did quite a bit of work at the Monsanto Plant in Soda Springs

Gary

14. Forgot to put this up  .............     Brisket after 6 hours, ready to wrap,   Wrapped and back to the smoker

15. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

SAUSAGE......................[​IMG]

16. Ribs at 2 hours       Briskets still cooking

17. Review on the Brookshire's Brand Lump Charcoal I used,   Not bad burns good avg. amt. of ash too many small pieces and jus a few larger ones. I will send Brookshire's an email about their product and see how they respond.

Gary

18. dont toy with me gary!! lmao!

19. 3 hours,  ready to wrap

20. Ribs after 2 hours wrapped,