Brisket Questions (hopefully advanced)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bellevueduck

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 26, 2018
Hello All

Am doing my first springtime brisket.. I believe I graduated from being a newbie and now moving on to questions I can't figure out.

Doing a Point Cut Brisket for the Virginia/Oregon game.. Been on since 4:45AM. so going for 4+ hours so far.

Did a blend of 25% mesquite/75% Apple pellets.. don't want to use more mesquite and I'm out of Apple.

I do have cherry wood... Do you think there would be a noticeable taste difference to switch
to cherry at this point? IT is 136 so lots of time before stall and doneness.

Also I have always wrapped in foil but reading some good comments about wrapping in butcher paper. I don't have any butcher paper but do have parchment paper..would that work also? I have cooked a turkey once in a grocery bag...would that work also?

Oh by the way.. being in the northwest.. I'm a Duck Fan.

2019-03-28_9-00-10.jpg

Reactions: Walchit
Parchment does not breathe..... Cherry pellets will not burn alone... They need something else to keep them going..
4+ hours of smoke could be adequate...

I have a Traeger silverton so the pellets are fed in and there's a burner is there.
It's for taste only question.

I do understand your comment about 4 hours of smoke could be enough... good comment.

So I'll go to the local butcher to get some butcher paper or just stay with foil as the wrap.

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky