Brisket Pic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wbf610

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 23, 2016
Near Allentown, PA
i did a brisket yesterday, it was probably the best I’ve done so far. Here is a shot of the pan with slices. I cubed the point and will be making burnt ends later.

Thanks for looking.

C0B26751-D184-4FD5-8E05-918D443BF8AE.jpeg

WBF is that smoke ring photo-shopped? I can't remember seeing one that bright.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: wbf610
Looks delicious and juicy. Heck of a smoke ring.
Thanks, appreciate it.
WBF is that smoke ring photo-shopped? I can't remember seeing one that bright.

Point for sure.

Chris

How dare you!!!! Lol. :D

You’re the second person that thought that. It is not photo shopped. I don’t even have PS. Straight out of my iPhone camera. I was surprised as well when I cut her open. I figured you all would like to see it.

My thoughts on why: I put the meat in cold, was only out of the fridge for 20 minutes. This brisket did not gather much bark at all. Smoker was running between 210-225 with the cold temps and wind yesterday. It was in the smoke, cherry, for about six hours before I wrapped and finished it in the oven. Rested it in the oven for 1.5 hours and sliced it.

Here is another pic as I was slicing it. Did this brisket for the game today, and was taking pics for a contest this Rub company is doing on a truck forum I am on. You can see the slices in the pan already, and the ring.

128E109F-D14B-4AD7-A0BF-16EFBE7F1729.jpeg

Mods: I’m not affiliated with this rub, if it’s not to cool post it here, please remove this post.

SPOG and a little brown sugar in your rub will help with the bark.

Chris

SPOG and a little brown sugar in your rub will help with the bark.

Chris
There is sugar in that rub.

OMG that looks good!! Looks tender too! How did you do it? What smoker?
Points for sure.

Select grade 14 lb from Walmart. WSM 18.5, full load of coal, cherry wood. Trimmed the fat to 1/4-1/2 inch, most off the bottom. Put fat cap down. Smoker was no more than 225 for six hours. Pulled it at 152 when it stalled, put in foil pan with more rub, some Worcestershire and water, covered, and put in a 275 oven. Probed at 200, 205, then it finished at 207. Shut oven off, vented the oven and pan for 10-15 minutes, covered and put back in oven for an 1.5 hours or so to rest. Collected all the juice for burnt ends today, and put some in the pan with slices. Ate some of the small slices.

Drank about a six pack, or more, during the process, I think that was the key.

Thanks, appreciate it.

How dare you!!!! Lol. :D

You’re the second person that thought that. It is not photo shopped. I don’t even have PS. Straight out of my iPhone camera. I was surprised as well when I cut her open. I figured you all would like to see it.

My thoughts on why: I put the meat in cold, was only out of the fridge for 20 minutes. This brisket did not gather much bark at all. Smoker was running between 210-225 with the cold temps and wind yesterday. It was in the smoke, cherry, for about six hours before I wrapped and finished it in the oven. Rested it in the oven for 1.5 hours and sliced it.
Putting it in cold is the key for the deep red ring. Here is an Angus from a couple weeks back done on a pellet Pooper with no other assistance. Nice job on the briskie.

Attachments

• IMG_20180127_194154.jpg
    IMG_20180127_194154.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 27
WOW They look fantastic!! Send that pic in it sure looks like a winner to me.Points for that
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky