Brisket came out so-so, what to do with 3lbs of cubed brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I cook brisket I've started to make more than needed. I figure due to the time needed to cook, it was worth it to vac-pac the leftovers with some tallow for future use. It makes a good quick meal down the road. The best reheat method I've found is sous vide. I like it because if the guests are late (which is most of the time lol) it doesn't seem to overcook or dry out with 150 deg water temp. When we do get one of those briskets that doesn't want to cooperate it makes great tacos and/or nachos.

I've been talking about trying it in a chili, and you can bet I'll be trying the chili recipe this winter. Thanks DanBlacksher

Reactions: DemonPit
The smokiness of the brisket really ads a nice flavor to the chili. I'll be doing this for every batch of chili from now on. That is if there's leftover brisket in my freezer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky