Brisket and Butts on Sale in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

navionjim

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 16, 2007
Houston Texas
For all of you with a Randell's, Kroger, or Heb in your area, and that would be anywhere in Texas. Check the add sheets for this week! I just Bought six nice soft and LEFT HANDED briskets from Randell's for .98 cents a pound. Then I saw Kroger's has them on sale for the same price too! I went back today and they also had "Rancher's Choice" certified Angus brisket very well trimmed for $1.98 a pound (perfect for a painless, no trimming required, corned beef).

Then I saw they also have cryo packed pork butts for .69 cents a pound! Our Kroger's offers whatever sales the Randell's has going and so does the local HEB. I'm picking up some butts on the way home. These prices beat Sam's by a fair amount. Time to stock the freezer!

OK... whats a left handed brisket? Do you just have to pick it up with your left hand? I am right handed... can I cook a left handed brisket?
icon_lol.gif

Vlap,
I guess this story didn't make it to Florida, its a bit long-winded but possibly plausible. (Or maybe just good for a good yarn around the smoker!) Check out the link for more information.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...handed+brisket

Read and let us know what you think. Maybe its just luck but I swear my Left Handed ones have been better....
Jimbo

Not at my Krogers. I just got back from there. Pork butts are $2.59lb and brisket (packers) are $1.69lb. Still cheaper than usual, but still too expensive for my wallet. I didnt look at the trimmed brisket cause I only do packers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky