• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brinkmann going to work

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 24, 2013
Greetings,
I have shared the issues that I have been having with my, "no names mentioned" 30" so Im going in on my TMLE this weekend. I recently installed the bbq smoker mods baffle plate and am anxious to test it. I have sealed all gaps,put bbqsmoker chamber and box seals as well as the hood latches. Pictures to follow.

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 24, 2013

Oh, I also got some grommets to plug in for my Maverick probes.
Question? Will these 2 holes affect anything? Plan on drilling below grate level, left and right to feed Maverick probes through so they don't have to go under the lid and get pinched.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
The holes for the grommets won't affect anything.

You will loose a little heat & smoke, but not enough to bother anything.

I'm not familiar with your smoker, but if you can I would drill the holes a little above the grate level.

It will be easier to thread the wires thru.

Al

Last edited:

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Yeah those little holes won't do anything. If you're really worried about it put a piece of tinfoil in the hole that will plug it up and won't damage the probe wire.

I prefer the probes under the cooking grate in a vertical smoker at least for the upper grate if there's two or more. Allows me to remove the grate without having the remove the probe.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.