Brinkmann going to work

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Southern California.
Greetings,
I have shared the issues that I have been having with my, "no names mentioned" 30" so Im going in on my TMLE this weekend. I recently installed the bbq smoker mods baffle plate and am anxious to test it. I have sealed all gaps,put bbqsmoker chamber and box seals as well as the hood latches. Pictures to follow.

The holes for the grommets won't affect anything.

You will loose a little heat & smoke, but not enough to bother anything.

I'm not familiar with your smoker, but if you can I would drill the holes a little above the grate level.

It will be easier to thread the wires thru.

Al

Last edited:
Yeah those little holes won't do anything. If you're really worried about it put a piece of tinfoil in the hole that will plug it up and won't damage the probe wire.

I prefer the probes under the cooking grate in a vertical smoker at least for the upper grate if there's two or more. Allows me to remove the grate without having the remove the probe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky