Breakfast Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
See if I can inspire someone to heat up their griddle. I love this thing. Just toss on top stove and preheat. I set it to 70 C and once that thick metal preheated good it will go about the whole cook without turning on again. I run it at 350.

20210806_165026.jpg 20210807_073628.jpg 20210807_074026.jpg 20210807_074752.jpg

Beautiful plate Brian, right up my alley, big Like! Darn near has me ready to fire up my flattop this morning but I have a little lamb leg to Weber up later, want to have a appetite. RAY

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Looks Great, Brian!!
I usually just have 2 or 3 Eggs for Breakfast.
However now & then I like to relive my Younger Days, and make one more like Yours. Love It !!
And "Like" it.

Bear

Looks like a darn good breakfast to me!
I would eat that maybe once a month, the rest of the time I have a big bowl of grits with pepper & a little butter. Boring I know, but I have to watch my protein intake.
Al

Looks like a darn good breakfast to me!
I would eat that maybe once a month, the rest of the time I have a big bowl of grits with pepper & a little butter. Boring I know, but I have to watch my protein intake.
Al
I am just trying to figure out what to marinade rack of lamb in. Got a bunch while back 50% off.

View attachment 506976
I know you like lamb Al. How would you marinade that rack?

I am just trying to figure out what to marinade rack of lamb in. Got a bunch while back 50% off.

I love the taste of lamb Brian. When doing a rack like that I just hit them with some salt and CBP. Same with a boneless leg tho with that I punch a few cloves of garlic into it. Sometimes, tho not often, when doing chops I'll marinate overnight in teriyaki, works well with lamb. RAY

I know you like lamb Al. How would you marinade that rack?

Honestly Brian, I don’t marinate my lamb. I just give it some S&P and either smoke it or grill it. But the main thing is not to overcook it. Lamb rare to med/rare is awesome. After that it gets tough & dried out. I’m sure you will get others who do marinate & get some good recipes. I just love the flavor of lamb, without anything but S&P and a bit of butter & lemon juice after you pull it off the smoker or grill.
Al

I love the taste of lamb Brian. When doing a rack like that I just hit them with some salt and CBP. Same with a boneless leg tho with that I punch a few cloves of garlic into it. Sometimes, tho not often, when doing chops I'll marinate overnight in teriyaki, works well with lamb. RAY
I just went out and picked some rosemary thyme and mint. Was going to add to some olive oil but afraid of it being to strong. Maybe just go your route.

Honestly Brian, I don’t marinate my lamb. I just give it some S&P and either smoke it or grill it. But the main thing is not to overcook it. Lamb rare to med/rare is awesome. After that it gets tough & dried out. I’m sure you will get others who do marinate & get some good recipes. I just love the flavor of lamb, without anything but S&P and a bit of butter & lemon juice after you pull it off the smoker or grill.
Al
You guys saved me. Was going to over do. I love lamb. Going to keep simple and probably indirect on Weber. Going for 125.

View attachment 506976

For lamb Leg, I punch holes and push this in. But a Rack is too delicate for holes So....Use this combination to Marinate Lamb Racks and Chops. Add your Mint, coat well and rest overnight....OR...Skip the Vinegar and just use as a Wet Rub.

Sweat the following over low heat until fragrant and softened,
1/4C Minced Fresh Garlic,
1Tbs Chopped Fresh Rosemary,
1Tbs Chopped Fresh Oregano and
1Tbs Chopped Fresh Thyme, in 2Tbs Olive Oil. S & P to taste. Add 2Tbs Red Wine Vinegar and marinate overnight...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky