Bread Bow Knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Made a loaf for yesterdays supper . Loaf was really lite and soft . Knife goes right thru , and like said no smashing or tearing the bread .
20210502_180343.jpg

20210502_182344.jpg

I went to the bread knife guy today and asked about a longer one, he told me that he did make some but the longer blades wanted to bend.
How much bigger Rick ?
That bread looks fantastic BTW .

Nice job Rich. That bread looks delicious too.
Thanks mike . The bread was really lite . I cut back on the flour .
Man that knife is gorgeous. Wish I was handy at making stuff like that.
Jim
Jim I had a Dad that did it , so I started early . Spent several years adding to the shop .
I put the finish on another one Saturday , and roughed out two more yesterday .
Thanks for the comment .

Reactions: JLeonard
How much bigger Rick ?
That bread looks fantastic BTW .

his bow opening was 20"

he asked me if i cut any meat with it yet.

OH BOY
SALAMI

Thanks mike . The bread was really lite . I cut back on the flour .

Jim I had a Dad that did it , so I started early . Spent several years adding to the shop .
I put the finish on another one Saturday , and roughed out two more yesterday .
Thanks for the comment .

Reactions: chopsaw
They work great as you know . I sliced maters yesterday. Goes thru like butter .

Nice work. My mind wants the handle turned 90 deg , but I'm sure there is a reason for this way. I was also going to suggest a left hand version, but I see you got that covered.

Looks good Steve . The cherry ones are thicker so I can flip the blade . The maple ones are thinner . I like both . Yes very sharp .

Edit .
You talking about the top bridge on the bow being thin ? As long as it works I don't see a problem .

Yes, I'm thinking the top bridge is a bit thin. I'll know soon enough. We're having a meal with crusty bread over the weekend. If it breaks, I'll do one a bit thicker.

I made one. I think I made the bow a touch too thin. But, man, is this thing sharp! Thanks for posting your build. I never seen one of these before you posted it.

View attachment 495397View attachment 495398
That also looks real good Steve, nice workmanship. I have no woodworking skills, lol. So I'm in awe of you Guys that can do this stuff.

Reactions: Steve H
My mind wants the handle turned 90 deg , but I'm sure there is a reason for this way. I was also going to suggest a left hand version, but I see you got that covered.
I've seen one that has a turned handle . Most are like these . The fit and function is really good .
Just have to get tension on the blade .

Very late to the game on this one Chop. Beautiful workmanship on that knife. You've got some serious skills my friend.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky