Bread Bow Knife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
hard to look at purdy stuff on such a small phone screen lol I can see much better on the laptop :emoji_wink:

Very nice (top shelf stuff right there!) Chop! That thin blade will be the ticket for sure!

Wow Looks great Chop. Can I make one with a chainsaw? That the only wood working piece I have. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
That's too Cool! Ok...How much with shipping to PA?😊...JJ

You are a craftsman Chop, no doubt. Very nice and in such a short time from idea to item. Looks perfect. Do you have pricing?

Used it last night on some " take and bake " bread from the store . Crusty outside , soft in the middle .
Almost can't believe how good this works . So sharp , and the thin blade is the ticket . Really like this . Goes thru like butter . No smash , and even slice .
Made another one last night . Shorter frame . More to the size of the one Rick showed me .
20210430_080758.jpg

That's too Cool!
It works great too . I was shocked . Thanks for the comment .
You are a craftsman Chop, no doubt.
Well I appreciate that comment . I like simple , clean lines . I shape all this kind of stuff by hand . Files , block planes and sand paper . Nothing is perfect or 2 exactly the same .
Thanks again .

Beautiful work! I would be very interested in where you get these blades

This is the one Rick sent me . They came in less than 24 hours . I saw some others that came with screws . These came with blade guards . You NEED the guards .
Thanks for the comment .

Reactions: Steve H
These things are so cool !!!
I only have one knife that I cut bread with, and even that one I have to still lean on it a little too hard, smashing the loaf.
And Excellent Workmanship !!
Like.

Bear

This is the one Rick sent me . They came in less than 24 hours . I saw some others that came with screws . These came with blade guards . You NEED the guards .
Thanks for the comment .

Bingo thanks Chop, I was going to ask......I think one or two of these are going to find there way to the kitchen and trailer!

Thanks Chop. They are ordered. I have some pieces of Oak in the garage that should do the trick.
The screw size needs to be a bit smaller than the hole in the blade , and the mounting holes need to be pretty close to the ones in the blade . If not and they are to close together it will cause the blade to warp .

The screw size needs to be a bit smaller than the hole in the blade , and the mounting holes need to be pretty close to the ones in the blade . If not and they are to close together it will cause the blade to warp .

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll post my results when I'm done.

Hey Chop. I have some white and red oak pieces I can use. I have some 3/4" and 1". What was the thickness you used? It looks like 1" or perhaps 5/4"

Steve , I started with rough stock . Still had the bark on some . Milled but un sanded . If you have S4S - 3/4's that will work . The blades I have are 7/16 wide . Mounting holes are 10 3/8 CL to CL .
I had to surface mine , and they ended up about 5/8 thick . You can use either one you have . The blade needs to be set to one edge so the frame doesn't bottom out before the cut is finished .

Reactions: Steve H
I'm late to see this, but that is great craftmanship, Rich! Excellent work and you did it in 1 day? I've stated elsewhere I have no wood working skills, so this is very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: chopsaw
The blade slices right thru. No squishing the bread.
IMG_4665.JPG

IMG_4666.JPG

I went to the bread knife guy today and asked about a longer one, he told me that he did make some but the longer blades wanted to bend.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky