Boneless Berkshire Fresh Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Retired Spook

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Somewhere in Texas
Just ordered a 12 to 15-lb boneless Berkshire fresh ham from Heritage Berkshire - going to put it on the rotisserie and reminisce about Grandma cooking a fresh ham every Christmas and how much I miss that wonderful roast she made!

They call it boneless rolled and tied (comes in a mesh thing) so I am going to remove the mesh and tie it around the spit - cross-hatch the fat and stick some cloves in it and give it a SPOG rub and roast that bad boy on the spit.

I'm hungry. Pics coming soon!

Reactions: JLeonard

Retired Spook

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Somewhere in Texas
I am still waiting to hear from Heritage Berkshire - they must be out in the field chasing that hog down! :emoji_laughing:

This is a "fresh ham" i.e. not cured / not Virginia type ham - Grandma use to roast one every Christmas and I could never wait to get to her house to mangiare! So good...

I'll probably cut it in half so if I wreck half on the spit I will still have half to roast in the convection oven.

I will keep y'all posted!

Reactions: Brokenhandle

Latest posts

Hot Threads