Blues, Brews and BBQ, Westland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Music was great...lots of micro brewery Michigan beers to sample but BBQ was only average...
That's not to say it wasn't good it was very good but it was all ordinary stuff...I had some SL cut ribs that had great flavor but mushy...I had some brisket that was, well it was brisket...what they called chopped meat brisket (sort of like burnt ends) were much better. I never tried the pulled pork but had a smoked drumstick lolipop that was good but nothing truly spectacular...all in all it was a lot of fun and considering the cost (less than a hundred bucks for two of us to eat and drink our fill) I'll go again. It was a good time, real friendly folks and a great atmosphere.

I had a red rye IPA at the firehall last weekend that was lights out! I think founders makes it. Sure hope I can buy it in bottles.

I'm a BBQ snob myself joken. I had ribs at the firehall and they were decent at best. But they are owned by the union woodshop in Clarkston and I had those years ago so I should have known.

I'm gonna check that festival out one of these years.

Yeah, as my own BBQ has gotten better over the years I've gotten a bit snobish too.
I think it's more that Ive learned to cook what I like couple that woth the fact that none of these guys are Franklin's or Lockhart's and , well it's just BBQ then.

Never been to franklins but I have been to Lockharts when I was in dallas a few years back. Best brisket I've ever had and it's not even close.

No, they actually had more smoking and/or slow cooked meat than anything else...they had the brats, kielbasa, burgers and such too but most of the beef and pork was smoked or cooked slow with smoke flavorings (liquid smoke)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky