Blooming Onion - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some work - some don't, but if you don't try you'll never know.

Yes I'm with you Chris. I love doing out of the norm items in the smoker or on the grill.

Some work and some don't . But I still get a full belly on the ones that don't.
We love fried foods , but only deep fry once in a while and that is out doors only.
I will have to look up your chicken fried steaks, if you posted on here

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Yes I'm with you Chris. I love doing out of the norm items in the smoker or on the grill.

Some work and some don't . But I still get a full belly on the ones that don't.
We love fried foods , but only deep fry once in a while and that is out doors only.
I will have to look up your chicken fried steaks, if you posted on here

David

Thanks David. Here's the post:

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks David. Here's the post:

Chris

That was fast ....Thank you Chris

I will read this and go from there :)

David

David if you give it a whirl and need clarification on anything let me know.

Chris

WOW
I just read the post/link you sent me
I just resurrected that post , hope you don't mind :)
that looks fantastic and it will happen. Not sure if I will use my smoker or a tube in the grill. I can roll the grill up to a lot hotter temps, than the smoker.

David

WOW
I just read the post/link you sent me
I just resurrected that post , hope you don't mind :)
that looks fantastic and it will happen. Not sure if I will use my smoker or a tube in the grill. I can roll the grill up to a lot hotter temps, than the smoker.

David

David just remember it has to be indirect heat, and thanks for resurrecting this old post. It was one of my favorites.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
A little late to the party but wow, that all looks fantastic Chris. I’m going to have to dredge some cutlets and give this a go.

A little late to the party but wow, that all looks fantastic Chris. I’m going to have to dredge some cutlets and give this a go.

Appreciate it Edge. I will hit the spot.

Chris

Bloomin' Onion looks awesome!

Genny Screamers not so much....
Appreciate it Bill, Genny is the best micro-brew that an old cheapskate like me can buy. I've been drinking Gennies, PBRs, and Narragansett's since the mid to late 70s. Creature of habit I guess.

Chris

My son has been pestering me about making a blooming onion. Then boom I see this post. Oh lordy, guessing this will go on the "to do" list. Looks darn good! And that chicken is great looking also.
Jim

It’s been ages since I’ve had a blooming onion! I used to love them whenever I would go to Outback. I love the idea of them on the grill because I don’t fry at my house.

I see you’re still rocking the Cream Ale, that just shows your a man of class. It’s a great beer, don’t let the price and peoples high school memories of it ruin it for you. Heck, any beer will do that to you if ya drink enough to puke and shit yourself. Foster’s and Jägermeister are a no go for me.

My son has been pestering me about making a blooming onion. Then boom I see this post. Oh lordy, guessing this will go on the "to do" list. Looks darn good! And that chicken is great looking also.
Jim
Thanks Jim, I like blooming onions better then onion rings. If you do make it I hope you and your son enjoy it.

It’s been ages since I’ve had a blooming onion! I used to love them whenever I would go to Outback. I love the idea of them on the grill because I don’t fry at my house.

I see you’re still rocking the Cream Ale, that just shows your a man of class. It’s a great beer, don’t let the price and peoples high school memories of it ruin it for you. Heck, any beer will do that to you if ya drink enough to puke and shit yourself. Foster’s and Jägermeister are a no go for me.
Appreciate it xray, As for the GCA I've been drinking them since the 70s. As long as I can buy them they'll stay in the rotation.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky