Bloody Mary time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure what is in this one, but I'm pretty sure it's my favorite!
images (10).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 02ebz06 and Steve H
Steve H Steve H , I read through this whole thread (now 3 pages) expecting to see how you incorporated some of your fermented dill pickle juice into a Bloody Mary mix. I'm thinking that sounds like it might be good -- maybe even a health food -- if the alcohol doesn't kill the probiotics!

Steve H Steve H , I read through this whole thread (now 3 pages) expecting to see how you incorporated some of your fermented dill pickle juice into a Bloody Mary mix. I'm thinking that sounds like it might be good -- maybe even a health food -- if the alcohol doesn't kill the probiotics!
Lol! I just bought some vodka to give that a try. That is on my radar for this weekend. If I can wait that long!

So what have you settled on Steve? I do Cocktails on the River for the river rats on Sundays. I mostly do fresh squeezed salty dogs but with my messed up hands pressing 20 grapefruit not an option right now. Switching to bloody mary's. I used Zing Zang in the past but burned out on it.

Zing Zang Blazin is good. Add a splash of Snappy Bitters Fire Tincture/fire water. Makes nice heat. I splash that stuff in bloody beers all the time. Its so good I put in all kinds of drinks.

So what have you settled on Steve? I do Cocktails on the River for the river rats on Sundays. I mostly do fresh squeezed salty dogs but with my messed up hands pressing 20 grapefruit not an option right now. Switching to bloody mary's. I used Zing Zang in the past but burned out on it.
My go to for awhile now has been this:
2 ounces vodka Grey goose is my choice for BM.
6 ounces clamato
3 drops Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon lime juice
2-3 drops hot sauce I love using my dill pickle hot sauce in this.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
6 ounces clamato
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon lime juice
Nice! I usually use dill pickle brine but I'm going to try dill hot sauce after reading this.

Have you ever tried adding a couple drops of fish sauce to it? The anchovy really amps up the clamato juice.

6 ounces clamato
1 teaspoon horseradish
1 teaspoon lime juice
Going to give this a try. Thanks. Time to make another hot sauce and will looking for that Dill pickle you made.

Not sure how I missed this, nice thread Steve H Steve H
We don’t have Bloody Mary’s often and not sure why as I do enjoy them! We have done the Mr and Mrs T’s from time to time! Well, now I am craving one… it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?! 🤷🏼‍♂️😉
That bar in Sioux Falls sure made good bloody Mary's! The company might have helped as well!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Interesting. I'll let you be the test bed on this!

Steve H Steve H Well the whole Maggi thing got me thinking. So I went to the store(s) today and grabbed some and be darned if I'm ever going to buy a pre-made mix again.

1000005271.jpg

1000005269.jpg

Rim:
- Kosher salt
- Tajin classic with lime

Garnish:
- dill pickled carrot
- pickled egg with horseradish mustard
- pickled cauliflower
- Caesar jerky

Caesar/Boody Mary Mix:
- Clamato

Dash of each to taste:
- fish sauce
- Crystal hot sauce
- Maggi (I used 8 drops)
- banana pepper brine
- dill, dill pickle seasoning, or dill pickle brine
- coarse ground pepper

- large splash of soy

Loaded with 3oz of a delightful Vodka from a local distillery.

Don't think I'm accomplishing much else this evening 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky