Bloody Mary Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
With my wife still out of state I have had to improvise.

Not fun when you have a bad wing...lol

bmstuf.jpg

bmstuf1.jpg

Stuffing/smoking today.
bm4.jpg

Why do the casings have ridges?
They have been pressed together in the caddy and vac sealed, the ridge will come out.
bm5.jpg

Snoopy and PID going
bm6.jpg

Going to get double smoke with hickory.
bm7.jpg

My temp probe from pid is hooked to the original (non working) probe.
bm8.jpg

Hickory sawdust. Starting at 140*
bm10.jpg

Vac seal your collagen and put in fridge....Thank me later.
bm9.jpg

Doing the Bloody Mary sticks today, cut and taste time.

Did a 2 day bag and fridge rest.
bms1.jpg

The casing I used were grade a gold easy peel/easy bite.
Meaning they are easy to peel if you want necked sticks or easy to bite if you want dressed sticks.

I choose to peel today.
bms2.jpg

The add of the extra hot pepper is really good. Will really be good in my next drink.
bms3.jpg

Looking good!! I like the texture, did you finish them in the smoker? I'll use the hot pepper Idea when my Bloody Mary mix arrives. Bottoms up!!

Looking good!! I like the texture, did you finish them in the smoker? I'll use the hot pepper Idea when my Bloody Mary mix arrives. Bottoms up!!
Yes full time in smoker, being small mm casings they didn't take long, around 7 hrs to get to 153*

Reactions: Tinner340
Thanks

I keep telling my wife that I'm going to stop.

Yeah right.

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker , ever just use commercial jerky seasoning to make snack sticks? Got tons of jerky seasonings and just wondering about using them. I know most brands have specifics for sticks, not sure the difference in ingredients.
Might try just shooting the sticks out naked on Q mats . Not sure if they will tend to dry up to much on the outside getting to temp.
Opinions ?

BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker , ever just use commercial jerky seasoning to make snack sticks? Got tons of jerky seasonings and just wondering about using them. I know most brands have specifics for sticks, not sure the difference in ingredients.
Might try just shooting the sticks out naked on Q mats . Not sure if they will tend to dry up to much on the outside getting to temp.
Opinions ?
Yeah

They are pretty much all the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky