Blackstone Griddle - To buy or not to buy.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn, after reading all this I want one too.

Daydreaming has me tearing down the existing shed. Then pouring a new patio with a sidewalk out to where a new pad will be for a shed/smoker area. May as well pour a few more feet for a blackstone....yea. Off work early and idle hands haha.

Hmm gonna need a laser, forms, sand, a mini excavator. Pump truck. Mixer truck. About 4 MFers that can finish concrete. Some carpenters. Yea.
Yeah I find myself trying to figure how many extra shifts I need to work to keep up with my growing "gotta have" list!

Jim

I have the 28 Pro with hinged lid. I do not use it for cooking, but it offers protection from the elements.

I agree . I wish mine was taller , but really hasn't been an issue for me while cooking . I did add some aftermarket casters to my pellet grill . I was thinking about doing that with my Blackstone , but would have to mod something up . I'm around 6'0" .

Mine came with only two wheels so here is my mod"
IMG_5001.JPG IMG_5002.JPG
I had some scrap lumber and I bought some wheels off Amazon. Now, it rolls very easily and is a smidge higher. I could have raised it more by stacking the 2x4s. It would use a little more wood, but you can raise it up higher if needed.

The patio is not all that level so I roll it around till I find a flat spot or just live with a slightly askew griddle.

Mark

I have the 28 Pro with hinged lid. I do not use it for cooking, but it offers protection from the elements.

View attachment 655094View attachment 655095
I had some scrap lumber and I bought some wheels off Amazon. Now, it rolls very easily and is a smidge higher. I could have raised it more by stacking the 2x4s. It would use a little more wood, but you can raise it up higher if needed.

The patio is not all that level so I roll it around till I find a flat spot or just live with a slightly askew griddle.

Mark
Beat me to it. I built one of these to make my shop table mobile. I can lower my kayak from the ceiling and wheel it over to the truck. Great idea for lifting a griddle and keeping it mobile. You could add 2" ABS caps to set the legs or original wheels in also.

Great idea and good build.

Reactions: JLeonard

View attachment 655094View attachment 655095

Mark

Now that is what I am talking about.....

I own one I purchased at a great price. But it has only been used 2 times in a year, unless you are planning on cooking a lot all the time I am not sure they are worth it. Just my thoughts

I am hoping to be able to retire soon and cooking and walking the back yard with my yard tiger is really all I want to do when I retire.

I think I won't be using it as much as I want to for a spell. I want to get all this stuff bought before I have to go on a fixed income.

JC :emoji_cat:

You could add 2" ABS caps to set the legs or original wheels in also.

For a second there, I though you said ARB mods and we were gonna start talking about suspension, adding recovery points, how big of tires can I add without cutting fenders, ditch lights and Roof Top Tent. Talk about gadgets and spending money.....

Well.... That didn't take long....

After watching several videos of the Blackstone griddle, I think that the 36" version is going to be the way to go.

Now, what am I going to get rid of in my garage to make room for it? I am getting rid of my MES 30 smoker but that won't be enough. :emoji_laughing:

Part of the house deal with the wife. If I get something new, I have to get rid of some old stuff. That deal excludes her for some reason. :emoji_unamused::emoji_laughing:

Thanks to all the forum members who provided input. It was quite valuable in steering me in the right direction.

Anyway, looking forward to getting this bad boy home and smoking!!

Will post a few pics when I get her set up.

After watching several videos of the Blackstone griddle, I think that the 36" version is going to be the way to go.
Check out Todd Toven's YouTube videos on the Blackstone. Good recipes and a entertaining video. He reviews all the gadgets too..

Check out Todd Toven's YouTube videos on the Blackstone. Good recipes and a entertaining video. He reviews all the gadgets too..

Gadgets?!?!?? Just what I need more stuff... :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.

I really want to do a Hibachi grill cook on one of these. It may sound corny but I love that Hibachi grill food.

Thanks for the input. If I get the griddle, I may just cut and weld new wheels on the frame to raise it up and ease in rolling it around.

The more I look into this flat top griddle, the more I am convinced I need one.
Yeah . If I decide to raise mine I won't have any trouble coming up with something . The casters I bought for my Smokefire are really nice and would add a couple inches .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky