Blackstone Griddle - To buy or not to buy.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a 36” without the lid and consider it to be a mandatory outdoor tool in the belt. So many cool things you can do on one. Whether it’s the whole meal or cooking things to compliment the protein in the smoker / grill it’s awesome. I got it before the lid was a thing. I’d love the lid if for no other reason to use as a giant melting done. I do keep mine in the garage so no need to cover from that perspective.

Reactions: JC in GB
I have not used my outside one since buying a electric 22". It is so nice having everything in your kitchen! For 2 people this would work. They work extremely well.

IMG_20230111_164601920.jpg

I dont think you would regret the BS. I have one built into my outdoor kitchen and I love it. I had to get this smaller 2 burner one so it would fit in my kitchen build. I have 2 growing boys and it always has enough room to keep everyone fed.
image.jpg

Bought the Blackstone 28 Pro three years ago from Walmart and have loved it ever since.
IMG_0607.jpg

It is only my wife and I and this is the perfect size, but that does not stop me from wanting a bigger one....

Very versatile and really fun. Does go through the propane though and those 20lb bottles do not last as long as I want.

Breakfast:
IMG_1807.JPG

Lunch:
IMG_0927.JPEG

Dinner:
IMG_2145.JPG

New things to try: English Muffins...
IMG_2957.JPG

I have had a blast playing with my griddle...... DO IT, DO IT NOW

Mark

Damn, after reading all this I want one too.

Daydreaming has me tearing down the existing shed. Then pouring a new patio with a sidewalk out to where a new pad will be for a shed/smoker area. May as well pour a few more feet for a blackstone....yea. Off work early and idle hands haha.

Hmm gonna need a laser, forms, sand, a mini excavator. Pump truck. Mixer truck. About 4 MFers that can finish concrete. Some carpenters. Yea.

I just purchased a new griddle from Tractor Supply. Its an Even Ember unit with 5 burners. Comes with a hard top and is about 40" wide. I have in the past owned 3 Blackstone 36" units and they are great. We used them for catering events.

This new unit is the same price as the Blackstone at $349 but has some features I like better. I like the drain on it that goes down to a bucket. I like the monster caster wheels on it.

Either way both units will do you good but they will change how you cook. I will fire mine up just to do a few scrambled eggs. Heats quick and cooks awesome.

You'll learn to love it.. I got mine a little over two years ago I have used it for everything.. almost.
Heck I even made gumbo on it.
I got the one without the lid and bought the aftermarket cover that works quite well. My next accessories were an old beer crate I had laying around and a garage sale three shelf cart to hold food, oils, seasoning rags, etc. I normally have it on the back patio but this winter I put it in the garage to be out of the elements and it passively heats my garage while cooking.

20230116_185607.jpg
20230116_185500.jpg
20230116_185442.jpg

Last edited:
I have been using my 28" proseries for almost 3 years now. Family of 5 with friends over and it works great. Have to shuffle things around some on larger cooks, but not a big deal. Really couldn't have gone with the 36" , due to all of my other stuff in the way but I love it. If you got the space, go larger, as you're likely not gonna complain.

If I'm not doing a big cook, I usually go with just one burner and it's fine. The hinged lid is great. Be sure to stock up on paper towels and old cotton shirts to cut up to clean the surface☺☺

Damn, after reading all this I want one too.

Daydreaming has me tearing down the existing shed. Then pouring a new patio with a sidewalk out to where a new pad will be for a shed/smoker area. May as well pour a few more feet for a blackstone....yea. Off work early and idle hands haha.

Hmm gonna need a laser, forms, sand, a mini excavator. Pump truck. Mixer truck. About 4 MFers that can finish concrete. Some carpenters. Yea.
4 MFers that can finish concrete. 😂

I just purchased a new griddle from Tractor Supply. Its an Even Ember unit with 5 burners. Comes with a hard top and is about 40" wide. I have in the past owned 3 Blackstone 36" units and they are great. We used them for catering events.

This new unit is the same price as the Blackstone at $349 but has some features I like better. I like the drain on it that goes down to a bucket. I like the monster caster wheels on it.

Either way both units will do you good but they will change how you cook. I will fire mine up just to do a few scrambled eggs. Heats quick and cooks awesome.
and cleanup is a breeze!! Amiriggt

• Haha
22" with hardtop services the purpose.
Fair warning to those that do use in garage, not sure if it was from smoke or grease in the air but it put a pretty good film on vehicle. Windows were a bitch to get it off of. Neighbor also had film on his, went thru cloth carwash 3 times and still did not get it all off.

22" with hardtop services the purpose.
Fair warning to those that do use in garage, not sure if it was from smoke or grease in the air but it put a pretty good film on vehicle. Windows were a bitch to get it off of. Neighbor also had film on his, went thru cloth carwash 3 times and still did not get it all off.
Good heads up.
I open the garage door all the way or at least half up to let the funk out. My little fan blows out when I need it and fresh air trickles in.

Wow, I never anticipated the level of responses I received on this subject. :emoji_grinning:

Thank you everyone for your input and for sharing your experiences. I am going to go look at the 36" model today and see if I can swing it.

I have been saving up for an Apple Mac M2 but so far it has been just smoke on the horizon.

Can't wait to get my hand on one of these...

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky