Bizarre Foods! Appalachian Cooking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure how I've missed this thread but its playing again at 2 am here and I of course gotta see this one.

I talked to Dave and he said to look at the last 10 minutes of the show for them, I missed it and will be rewinding it.

Dave, I MISSED IT! But thanks to TIVO, I just tracked it down and am recording it on 5/7/09 at 6:00 PM. It sounds fun!

5/07/2009 6:00 PM CDT

Thanks for the headsup my friend.

He said something about a professional whittler and I thought I saw your face flash by real fast. The squirel hunting part of the show was pretty funny, I don't think Andrew has spent alot of time hunting thats for sure.

That was a good show. Nice how they cooked that whole deer in the ground. Bet that was some good eating.

Yep... made me want to go kill something and bury it in hot coals. Notice he used lotsa bacon and butter in that deer.

The really neat thing about this was that when they were shooting the show, it really was about filming what was going on. Not so much making something go on to film. Andrew was a very personalble guy that was genuinely interested in what was going on. He sat and talked to the McCoy girl for at least a half hour with a genuine interest in her life and what it was like growing up in these mountains. I didn't know they were gonna use my mug in the show. That was funny. Appreciate all of you that tuned in. Doesn't look like I'll get to smoke anything this weekend. Gonna be busy signing autographs.

Great show except that one big ugly guy
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
no actually I enjoyed the whole show not sure I want raccoon or possum brains but never know till ya try it I guess
icon_lol.gif

Caught the show last night. AWESOME. I love that show. I wish I had his job. When I say them do that deer buried in the ground, I called my boy downstairs and rewound the DVR, and told him to watch what they do with this deer. Oh yeah, next year we are doing it. Man was that awesome. How lucky you are to meet the cast and crew, very very cool. And I love the PETA shirt LOL.....Right on.....

I missed it, but will watch the re-run.Anything with PignIt and friends must be alright...congrats will check this out.

Nice job! A professional whittler huh? I think you got more screen time than Red.

I do video production for a living. How many people were there as part of of the crew?

There were probably 4 or 5 if I remember correctly. One girl was a producer. Everybody seemed to have what they did down pretty well. They worked super good together. I have carved and sculpted for twenty years. Haven't actually done the sculpture in about 3 years. I have moved into audio with a small sound studio. Love my work.

I just watched it again, now I saw you, the whtttler, lol, Not Red though, Damn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky