Birria Questacos With Consomé ~ A Special Kind of Street Taco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
tenor.gif

Excellent! Those tacos look delicious! Congrats on the well deserved ride!

Looks Great!
One of my favorites and definitely worth it.

I have a video of cooking birria with the recipe in the description.
I used chuck (which really doesn't have enough fat to fry with), and I cooked it in an InstantPot. But you gotta try the consume as a beef soup.

Those Birria tacos look absolutely amazing! Bet they tasted pretty good too!

Congrats on the ride!

Soon as I get the Beef, I'll be giving your recipe a shot. Been on my To Do list...JJ

Reactions: xray
Looks Great!
One of my favorites and definitely worth it.

I have a video of cooking birria with the recipe in the description.
I used chuck (which really doesn't have enough fat to fry with), and I cooked it in an InstantPot. But you gotta try the consume as a beef soup.

That's a great video. The consume is in the class of soups with pesole and menudo that is said to be a cure for a hangover. I bet a mixture of chuck and something like oxtails or beef cheeks would give you the needed fat.

Wow! I am going to have to steal borrow this recipe! Big like!

Thanks. The street vendors always have additional hot sauces and salsas, but the consume is very flavorful and not spicy. About any melting cheese will work, we bought Mexican melting string cheese, and it really did pull off in strings. I practiced with some cheese tacos to dial in the temp on my flat-top and the photo above was mozzarella.
qDdqWyl.jpg

Reactions: disco
Soon as I get the Beef, I'll be giving your recipe a shot. Been on my To Do list...JJ

JJ, after seeing a few other recipes and having a griddle now, I think I would fry everything on the griddle together instead of doing the shells separately and assembling them as tacos.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Wow, that looks great! Those are some truly decadent tacos :emoji_sunglasses:
That describes them to a T. They are more filling than I would have thought. I recommend making a couple of cheese ones also, then cut them in half after they have set-up a few minutes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky