Big smoke for a little smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TxwrightxT

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Bacliff, Texas
So I decided to try my hand at lamb shanks and pork loin today!
DAB8568F-6E9F-40D1-AEB4-21DC511CA9BD.jpeg

I got started before the sun came up for once!
604895B1-4636-428B-B536-D19B9363E63B.jpeg

Lamb shanks prepped first.
B4E4B26E-2A85-4BF8-A464-41C448C5C7A6.jpeg

those are going to be dinner for tonight. so I wanted to get them started pretty early.
86B23C9E-D1B5-49B6-A90C-96588E41FE45.jpeg

pork loin rubbed down and wrapped up!
D66567C7-1BAE-42B4-B9DC-47D75D98ACBD.jpeg

Now it’s time to relax and let that thin blue smoke do its job! I don’t think I could squeeze much more on there if I wanted to!

Reactions: Jabiru
So I went ahead and wrapped the lamb shanks early. Everything I’ve read made me feel like wrapping early and trapping all the drippings throughout the smoke session would be the best course of action to ensure a good tender piece of meat. The tenderloins still have a ways to go though.
C220C969-29EC-430A-88E2-B017FC4DB958.jpeg

Looking good so far. Wrapping the loins in bacon is great idea...it is such a lean piece of meat and the bacon fat should help keep it moist. Let us know how they turn out.

Looking good so far. Wrapping the loins in bacon is great idea...it is such a lean piece of meat and the bacon fat should help keep it moist. Let us know how they turn out.
The bacon helps tremendously! I used to grill them that way over direct heat. But this is the first time I’m doing a legit smoker this way. I’ll be sure to report my findings lol!

Looks really good. I’d love a bite of that lamb lol. What was your spice profile for the lamb?

Looks really good. I’d love a bite of that lamb lol. What was your spice profile for the lamb?
I rubbed it down with some garlic salt, lemon pepper, coriander, a touch of chili powder, thyme, and EVO. It was really good, but next time I think I will try to use some bolder flavors.

Awesome smoke ! We have a charity event put on by a local Greek church, and I have to get my lamb "fix" there. They do lamb a few different ways, but cooked over open wood on a spot is my favorite. You have me inspired. I'll try some in the smoker. Thanks for posting.

That lamb looks awesome! i see you are from bacliff im right down the road in seabrook.
We probably pass each other up on 146! Although I try to stay clear of that area since they started all that construction.
That don't look too Baaaaaaad!!
In fact it looks Mighty Tasty!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
lol thanks! It was delicious!
Awesome smoke ! We have a charity event put on by a local Greek church, and I have to get my lamb "fix" there. They do lamb a few different ways, but cooked over open wood on a spot is my favorite. You have me inspired. I'll try some in the smoker. Thanks for posting.
Sometimes I swing for the fences and strike out. But this time it worked out. Plus I figured that even if I destroyed the lamb, I would still have plenty of delicious pork loin lol. Glad I could inspire!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky