Pork for New Year's Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Mom asked me to provide the pork element for tomorrow's good luck feast, so I thawed out a 9 pound pork butt, and got it ready yesterday. Typical mustard binder, and some Memphis rub. Onto the trusty RecTeq Mini this morning a 2:30. Started at 180° for a few hours, and then ramped it up to 225 for the finish. Probed tender at 8 tonight. Foiled it up and it's sitting in the oven at 170 for a while until I shred it. Sammies are gonna be good tomorrow.
IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg
IMG_1185.jpeg

Shredded up, into a foil pan covered with tin foil for a an overnight rest in the fridge. Warm it up tomorrow with some finishing sauce, and stack it with some homemade bread and butter pickles on some buns. Bliss! Slaw is optional. I hope everyone has the best of luck in 24!
IMG_1186.jpeg

Shredded up, into a foil pan covered with tin foil for a an overnight rest in the fridge. Warm it up tomorrow with some finishing sauce, and stack it with some homemade bread and butter pickles on some buns. Bliss! Slaw is optional. I hope everyone has the best of luck in 24!
View attachment 684751
That looks perfect! Better see some sammich pics tomorrow before your nap ( food coma)!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
Well that should definitely bring you good luck and prosperity 😍

Keith
Thanks Keith. Happy New Year!
Nice pan of shoulder, Many good Luck returns for you and yours.

Happy New Year

David
From one David to another David. Back at ya buddy! Happy New Year!
if your luck looks as good as that PP your in for a good year!

Jim
Mucho appreciated Jim. Thanks Buddy. Hope you have a great start to the New Year Jim.
Nice looking porkage! Happy New year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky