Big Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

siege

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
Southeast Idaho
IMG_20190922_131127.jpg
IMG_20190922_120857.jpg
IMG_20190922_155744.jpg
IMG_20190922_150620.jpg
IMG_20190922_115814.jpg
We are celebrating my son's birthday today. In our family, you choose your own menu for your birthday. He spent a couple of years in Uruguay, with stops in Argentina and Brazil. I got inspired when civilsmoker got a great deal on some beef ribs. I had grabbed a couple of racks and threw them in the freezer. So we did an asadero.
I have flat cut flanken ribs, meaty beef ribs, a tri tip marinated in a Brazilian marinade I came up with, chorizo sausages for churipanis, and cheesed Hasselback potatoes. There is a green salad, and a home made chimichuri sauce for the meat.. Desert is Huckleberry vanilla ice cream.

Last edited:
I am going to do my best. I took pictures with my tablet for the first time today. They are in my gallery, and I need to figure out how to post them. It will be after dinner =)

OK, I got it !
Hey, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.... More to follow....

Last edited:
IMG_20190922_163952.jpg IMG_20190922_170440.jpg
Money shot of the tri tip on the plate. The chorizos and flanken ribs getting comfortable. Both cook very quickly.
One rack of beef ribs took a little longer. It's hard to fill up the Pit Boss. But cook times were staggered so everything was done at dinner time

Last edited:
IMG_20190922_170435.jpg
The ribs turned out just right...juicy, meaty, bur not fatty. I didn't get all the pictures I wanted. When the dinner bell rings, the family helps cut, slice and serve. They also make all the food disapear. Just get out of the way, you' be OK.

Attachments

• IMG_20190922_120857.jpg
    IMG_20190922_120857.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Darn it!!! I don't think I can make it to Idaho today. Sure sounds great!!!
Among our family traditions, we fly the " missing man formation" at the dinner table. If you ever drop in, you will find an empty chair at the table waiting for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: martin1950
That looks fantastic, good mix of vittles and cooked well.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: siege
Man that is an amazing collection of food!! I’d have certainly enjoyed taking that empty chair :)

Reactions: siege
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky