"Bible School Eggs"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr t 59874

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 9, 2011
Trout Creek, Montana
Made these for an upcoming pot luck. Thought I would share.

"Bible School Eggs" One bite of these and you'll want to go to heaven because you just had a taste of hell.

Ingredients:

2 dozen hard boiled eggs

1 whole onion, sliced

2 cups jalapeño slices with juice

1 pound German Bockwurst  sausages cut

4 cups white vinegar

1 cup water

2 Tbs. Dave's  Gourmet "Ghost Pepper" Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce

Last edited:
Oh my Goodness!  A person could become a fire breathing dragon with those things!  
30.gif

Kat

This sounds great and I love the peppers.  I do have a question, what it the best way to combine the ingrediants?

Is it best to chunk them up on relativley large chucks, or finely chopped?  I'm asking because the pic didn't come through on my computer and I want to give this a try.

Thanks

Last edited:
This sounds great and I love the peppers.  I do have a question, what it the best way to combine the ingrediants?

Is it best to chunk them up on relativley large chucks, or finely chopped?  I'm asking because the pic didn't come through on my computer and I want to give this a try.

Thanks
The pix looks like the onion and sausage are cut into chunks.

Thanks
My preferred method is to chunk as the chunks can then be served with the eggs. 

It was my intent when making these eggs to obtain a good tasting yet very hot egg,  my hope was that the ghost pepper would do this.  Although they were hot and had a very good flavor, the result was short of what was expected.  In the past Dave's Insanity sauce was used and it was much hotter while still maintaining a good overall taste.  It was noticed on the above recipe that there was a oil like substance on top of the pickle. It's my opinion that the oil prevented the heat from penetrating the egg.  This was not the situation when using the Insanity sauce.  So if you are looking for a lot of heat, go with the Insanity. If looking for heat with good flavor, go with the Ghost.  Hoping you understand the heat tolerance differs among different people.

Tom
Wow Mr. T, bet those will burn you twice and have you hollering "Come on Ice Cream!"
Double the pleasure.
2thumbs.gif

Last edited:
I should add to the above response that the oil very well could have come from the Bockwurst.  Will try using the Ghost sauce again without the sausage to see if there is a difference.

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky