Crab stuffed deviled eggs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After looking at. And drooling over one eyed jack one eyed jack thread. I just knew I had to make these. It was too long of a time.
These are real easy to make. And taste amazing!
12 hard boiled eggs.
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard. Or mustard of your choosing.
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp old bay.
1 can lump crab meat.
Couple dashes hot sauce.
P4110001.jpg

Ignore the horseradish. For some reason I thought that was in the recipe. After reviewing my notes. I found it wasn't.
P4110003.jpg

Peeling the eggs. I even splurged and bought brown eggs. 5.00 a dozen geesh! The instant pot does these up perfect.
5 minutes under pressure
5 minutes normal release.
5 minutes in ice water.
Cut the eggs in half and remove the yokes.
P4110005.jpg

Add all the ingredients and mix well.

P4110007.jpg

Scoop into the eggs. And top with a piece of bacon. Yum!!!

Kicking deviled eggs up a couple notches there Steve, crab and bacon, looks absolutely delicious! RAY

:emoji_blush:! Thanks Steve! They look darn good! Definitely gonna have to try these!

Ryan

Looks great Steve, I think there would be a place for the horseradish in this dish? I might have to make this with imitation crab. Can't have the real stuff....especially with the price of an epipen these days!

Perfect timing Steve! These look great and just in time to add for Easter gathering! Thanks

:emoji_blush:! Thanks Steve! They look darn good! Definitely gonna have to try these!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Looks great Steve, I think there would be a place for the horseradish in this dish? I might have to make this with imitation crab. Can't have the real stuff....especially with the price of an epipen these days!
Thank you! That was what I was thinking too with the horseradish. But the recipe I had didn't include it. Though, I think a little wouldn't be bad at all.
Not sure about the imitation crab. Don't see why not though. I use it in a lot of recipes. Don't get me started with prices. Ann bought me 2 pounds of extra large King crab legs for our coming Fathers Day seafood feast. 50.00 a pound! WTH???? Stone crab claws are 21.00 a pound for mediums.

Not sure about the imitation crab. Don't see why not though. I use it in a lot of recipes. Don't get me started with prices. Ann bought me 2 pounds of extra large King crab legs for our coming Fathers Day seafood feast. 50.00 a pound! WTH???? Stone crab claws are 21.00 a pound for mediums.
Ouch!, Glad I can't eat those either. I have done $25/lb for some fresh off the boat Ahi tuna steaks to cook on the griddle.

Reactions: Steve H
Looking good Steve. I made them with crab, once. The crab flavor got lost. (Hard to do with egg), but there you have it.

Did you cook the crab first? Thought I might try pan searing the crab in butter first. Maybe have better results.

Point

Took them up a notch! They look great!
Thanks Brian!
Oh boy, another that needs to be attempted. Thanks Steve !
You're welcome!
OMG Steve!
That is a keeper!
Gotta do it!
Al
Thanks Al!
Awesome! I’ve never had this, but it’s definitely on the list now! Great job… the bacon looks essential😃
Thank you! The bacon does go good with it. But where does bacon not go good with?!
Looking good Steve. I made them with crab, once. The crab flavor got lost. (Hard to do with egg), but there you have it.

Did you cook the crab first? Thought I might try pan searing the crab in butter first. Maybe have better results.

Point
Thank you! No, this was canned already cooked crab. Just drained and added.

Reactions: one eyed jack
Steve the 555 method is the only way we do eggs around here anymore.

Those deviled crab eggs look awesome and I’m not a big deviled egg guy, but I HAVE to make these for sure. I know my wife will love them! Bookmarking for future use.

Some good looking eggs there Steve. I'll have to keep crab meat in mind. The next time we make them.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky