Beer Battered Deep Fried Salmon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Yes, folks! You have not lived until you have eaten beer battered deep fried salmon.

It is one of the most popular items that we have cooked up for dinner parties. So much that the salmon literally disappears as fast as we can fry it!

Just mix up your favorite beer with general purpose flour, preferably a nice lager, but a darker ale will work too.

Throw the fish into a very hot fryer of peanut oil. The trick is for it to be real hot so the fish will cook fast, and the batter will get nice and crunchy.

Liberally season with salt immediately after removing the fish from the fryer, and serve this to your guests piping hot. It is awesome!

You will not find this in restaurants, however I used to order smoked deep fried salmon at Rock Bottom.

IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG

Last edited:
That sure looks great, the fried batter appears the perfect level of crispy. I'll admit I've never even contemplated frying salmon but it's going on the list!

Yes, I know...this is a smoking forum. But I wanted everyone here to learn about frying salmon, using a beer batter. Most people never thought about it. Especially since very few restaurants even offer this. Rock Bottom does have it, and that is what inspired me to take the plunge into the frying method.

It is delicious! Word of warning...if you invite friends and/or family over, better have a good supply of salmon on hand. It will disappear in the blink of an eye! Ask me how I know!

It looks awesome. I will give it a try. I hope is not one of those "you-need-to-try-this-then-it-turns-out-like-nothing-you-epected" things.

It looks awesome. I will give it a try. I hope is not one of those "you-need-to-try-this-then-it-turns-out-like-nothing-you-epected" things.

No need to worry!

Just use peanut oil for frying.
Make sure it is really hot.
Don't try to cook too many pieces at once.
Salt immediately after removing from fryer.
Serve piping hot!

Yummy!

That’s some good fatty salmon there!! I’m going to the fish market today to get some whole fish and other seafood so whatch our for that thread. I really wanna get into fishing. Fish seems very high priced to me lol. I’ll pay for now till I get my license. I’m right off the washougal river

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky